- Course dates
Wednesdays 17.30-20.30 hours
Dates: 6 October - 8 December 2021
Online via Zoom
Exam: in week 50
Special Rate*: € 145,-
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others: € 399,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on. *Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
- Application deadline
Sunday 26 September 2021
An English C1.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
This English for academic purposes course is a continuation of the course English B2.2. It aims to prepare students who need English for academic studies at advanced level. It is an integrated skills course which means that students will develop their abilities in the following areas:
- speaking- discussing, debating and giving presentations on a wide variety of subjects;
- reading & comprehension;
- writing- essays, reports analysing graphs, summaries, critiques and proposals;
- critical thinking;
During the course, you will further improve all necessary skills. When you participate in this course, you are already at an advanced level and you would like to develop yourself. For this reason, the focus is on vocabulary and expressions on a professional level. This course can be described as a blended learning course. The final level of the course is C1.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers English courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- The course material is included in the course fee.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study. This is a guideline: some may need more time.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 14. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. During the course you will be asked to give presentations. In order to pass the course, you should be present on those moments.
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at B2.2.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the C1.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the B2.2 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the English B2.2 course of the LTC, you are
allowed to register for a C1.1 course. Passing for your final exam and thus
completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the
You need to apply and pay for the English C1.1 course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements.