- Course dates
Tuesdays 17.30-20.00 hours
Dates: 5 October -7 December 2021
Online via Zoom
Exam: in week 50
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 279,-
Rate 2: Others: € 379,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Application deadline
Sunday 26 September 2021
An Italian A1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have
been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Italian language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- asking and giving personal details (nationality, profession, languages & spare time);
- greetings and farewells;
- counting up to 100;
- applying the grammar knowledge (including articles, presente e passato prossimo indicativo of regular and irregular verbs);
- (near native) pronunciation.
In addition, you will be able to understand and write simple texts. You will also have a small vocabulary with which you can formulate simple sentence structures for common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Italian courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Italian and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 30, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 15. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the Italian A1 course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements.