Course Japanese beginners 1+2
The Japanese for beginners 1 + 2 course is a double level course: two course levels will have been covered by the end of this course. A great advantage is that you can automatically flow from beginners 1 to beginners 2 without having to take an exam in between the two levels. This course consists of twenty weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date.
What’s the content of Japanese beginners 1+2?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Japanese language, with emphasis on speaking and listening skills in an everyday context and the use of popular and commonly used expressions.
Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself and talking about personal details;
- giving directions and shopping;
- making an appointment.
Through case studies you will learn:
- grammar and vocabulary;
- the Japanese alphabet (hiragana, katakana and a small amount of kanji);
- the Japanese culture.
By the end of the course, you will be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is beginners 2, similar to the A1.2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Japanese courses once a year in February-June.
- The enrolment deadline for the course mentioned below is Monday 15 January 2018, 13.00 hours.
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO);
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Japanese and will be commonly used;
- The course material costs approximately € 80, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts;
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study;
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Course type
- Course dates
Mondays: 29 January - 25 June 2018
Time: 18.30 - 21.00 hours
- Erasmus University College, Rotterdam
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 499,-
Rate 2: Others: € 749,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- 20 weeks
- Offered by
- Erasmus University Rotterdam | Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture
- Instruction language
- Mode of instruction
This course is for beginners only. You have to apply and pay for the Japanese course beginners 1+2 via our webshop. If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.