Course Management for Lawyers
- Course dates
Develop a unique selling proposition and build an improved business case for your practice by better positioning yourself in a fiercer and more competitive market. This programme focuses on changing the future of the business and the practice through a thorough focus on business strategy, business models, client orientation, leadership, knowledge of accounting, and the value of communication.
What do you need to manage in a law firm?
Very few lawyers have received business training to conduct their mandate and their profession as a profitmaking enterprise. Your professional education, plus your ongoing training, probably focused on legal expertise and advisor skills. This executive management training programme is designed specifically for lawyers, and focuses on the most important aspects of a professionally led and managed law firm. It will enable you to optimise your potential and your firm’s resources. It adds expertise for you, your firm, and for your clients.
After this programme, you will:
- know the major trends in the legal industry
- understand strategic choices lawyers must make to face those trends
- recognise disruption and what it means for innovation in a legal practise
- understand how to be customer-focused
- be able to develop the business operations of a legal practice
- be able to effectively motivate and lead others in a legal practice
- know how to get the most out of your team members’
- knowledge and expertise to generate collective outcomes
- know the approaches for dealing with risks and crises
- be able to use the basic concepts of finance and accounting.
Who should attend?
You and your fellow participants are senior lawyers and (junior) partners in leading positions and with management responsibilities interested in extending your legal education to management topics. Or you just want to know more about optimising the management and running of a legal practice, or you are considering running your own private practice. It can also be that you are considering to move into a role that has greater business and management responsibilities.
- Course dates
- Start date
- 4 days
- Offered by
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Law | Business administration
- Instruction language