- Course dates
It is possible to enrol and start with the course any time. Peer review assignments can only be submitted and reviewed once your session has begun. The course will start every 4 weeks.
The course is free. If you want to obtain a certificate, the fee is around 50 euros.
After participating in this MOOC, you will be able to:
- Design an assessment that is constructively aligned (content, level, methods) with the course objectives and activities.
- Apply the quality criteria with respect to validity, reliability and transparency for construction of assessments and assessment items.
- Analyse the assessment output and results, assess the quality of the assessment and make decisions about students’ grades accordingly.
- Formulate future improvements for an assessment.
For the assignments, you will be working with your own teaching materials. For example you will create your own assessment plan for your course. Next to that you will become part of a learning community with teachers from all over the world.
We are offering you instructional videos, interviews, animations and checklists. In addition to these, there will be course activities, such as assessments, and discussion prompts. By participating in this MOOC, you will find answers to the following questions:
• What is the role of assessment?
• How can you select the right methods of assessment for your course?
• What is constructive alignment?
• How can an assessment plan and matrix help you in the construction of assessments?
• Is it possible to make an absolute reliable and valid assessment?
• How can the formulation of good assessment questions have an impact on that?
• What is the role of feedback?
• How can rubrics help with providing feedback?
• What are the things to consider when performing an exam or item analysis? What aspects should you look out for?
• How do you draw conclusions from an exam analysis and make plans for future improvements?
• If good students fail on certain questions, what does this say about the question… or about your teaching?
Are you ready for enhancing your teaching skills? Then take this journey with us.
- Email address
- Marit Nieuwenhuys
- Remy Fermont
- Mandy Hollander
- Kris Stabel
- Sanne van Herpen
- Berry Nijveld
For more information and registration: Visit the Coursera website.