This course is a continuation of the course Spanish A1.
Key Facts & Figures
- 10 weeks
- Instruction language
A Spanish A2.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
This course is a continuation of the course Spanish A1. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Spanish language, with emphasis on reading, speaking,
listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- daily activities;
- food and drinks;
- grocery shopping, ordering in a bar or restaurant;
- studies and work;
- making an appointment;
- travelling and hotels;
- grammar and vocabulary;
- culture and habits in Spanish speaking countries.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate orally and in writing about personal topics and in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A2.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Spanish courses, three times a year (October-December / January-March / April-June).
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Spanish and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 35, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 15.
Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached. Whenever a course is canceled due to few registrations you will be informed and your fee will be refunded.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test. To pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all five skills (listening, speaking, writing, grammar/vocabulary and reading).
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
Facts & Figures
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 295,-
Rate 2: Others: € 395,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- 10 weeks
- Offered by
- Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture
- Course type
- Instruction language
You need to apply and pay for the course Spanish A2.1 via our web shop.
Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here. If it's not possible for you to join this period, please click on this link to get an email about dates for the next period.
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at A1.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the A2.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the A1 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the Spanish A1 course of the LTC, you are allowed to register for an A2.1 course. Passing for your final exam and thus completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the following level.