Course Spanish B1.1 (intermediate 1)
A Spanish B1.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of Spanish B1.1?
This course is a continuation of the course Spanish A2.2. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- describing persons and their personalities;
- expressing personal preferences;
- invitations and advice;
- holding a longer conversation;
- formal text writing;
- grammar and vocabulary;
- the Spanish culture.
In this course, your vocabulary will significantly increase to be able to communicate at a higher level. The final level of the course is B1.1 according to the Common European Framework of
Good to know
- The Language & Training Centre offers Spanish courses, three times a year (october-december/january-march/april-june).
- The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Wednesday 21 March 2018, 13.00 hours.
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Spanish and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that he last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Course type
- Course dates
Tuesdays: 3 April - 5 June 2018
Tijd: 17.30-20.00 hours
Examdate: Thursday 14 June 2018 (17.30 hours)
- Campus Woudestein, Rotterdam
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others € 449,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- 10 weeks
- Offered by
- Erasmus University Rotterdam | Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture | Spanish
- Instruction language
- Mode of instruction
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at A2.2. As proof of this entrance level we accept the following 3:
- the B1.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the A2.2 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the Spanish A2.2 course of the LTC,
you are allowed to register for a B1.1 course. Passing for your final exam
and thus completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually
start the following level.
Je kunt je inschrijven voor de cursus Spaans B1.1 en betalen via de webshop. Indien je in tariefgroep 2 (overigen) valt, dien je voor tariefgroep 2 te kiezen. Alleen als je niet kunt betalen via de webshop (iDeal) of als je werkgever voor je betaalt, kun je gebruik maken van het inschrijfformulier. Indien je een factuur nodig hebt voor je werkgever vragen wij je om dit aan ons kenbaar te maken op het inschrijfformulier. NB. Na betaling via de webshop kan er geen factuur meer verkregen worden.