Do you want to prepare yourself properly for the mathematical part of the colloquium doctum exam or for the deficiencies in mathematics exam level 1 or level 2? Or would you like to refresh your mathematics skills before starting at Erasmus University Rotterdam? Don’t hesitate and register now for level 1 or level 2!
- A Studyboost training course: deficiencies in mathematics level 1, consists of 8 sessions in total,
held over 4 weeks (2 meetings a week) of 1½ hours each.
- A Studyboost training course: deficiencies in mathematics level 2, consists of 8 sessions in total,
held over 4 weeks (2 meetings a week) of 2½ hours each. Including a 15-minute break.
What will you learn?
This training course will cover all math topics that are necessary to master before your admission to a particular education within Erasmus University. The course consists of two separate parts.
Firstly, you get access to an online self-study programme that allows you to survey your current mathematical knowledge and algebraic skills. This digital learning environment offers you a
tailor-made course in which you can practice parts you don’t master sufficiently and is available 24/7. A big advantage of this system is that you can repeatedly practice all parts until you masterthem properly!
Lastly and secondly, the training consists of lessons given by qualified teachers. They know what the problems might be for students and where students often stumble. These lessons will elaborate on addressing and solving issues that are similar to the challenges and tasks of the deficiencies in mathematics exam (also called the ‘Colloquium Doctum exam of level 1 or 2).
What are the differences between level 1 and level 2?
Below you can see which level is required for which training course. Please check the requirements within the faculty itself, so you are able to avoid disappointments.
Level 1 is normally used for the following courses:
- Public administration (ESSB)
- Philosophy (FWB)
- Criminology (ESL)
- Health sciences (ESHPM)
- Pedagogical sciences (ESSB)
- Psychology (ESSB)
- Sociology (ESSB)
Level 2 is normally used for the following courses:
- Business Administration/Public Administration (RSM)
- IBA International Business Administration (RSM)
- Economics & Business economics (ESE)
- Fiscal Economics (ESE)
Good to know
- These training courses are available for (EUR) students who want to refresh their mathematics skills.
- This training will be taught in Dutch.
- You will receive an attendance certificate.
- The license for the online part ALEKS is included in the course fee. For both courses the following books need to be bought: ‘Basisboek Wiskunde’ from Jan van de Craats and Rob Bosch (ISBN 978-90-430-1673-5, Pearson) You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- You will get access to an online study programme ALEKS. This system is available 24/7 and you can repeatedly practice all parts until you master them! (for 136 days). When the training is confirmed, you will get the confirmation letter and the login code for this program via email. For more information about ALEKS, please take a look at the following video.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on training course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 8, the maximum is 10.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable.
- Please note that you should register yourself for the colloquium doctum exam or deficiencies in mathematics exam. More information can be found via ESSC.
The exam is not included in the course fee.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Course dates
We will not offer a Studyboost course during the next course period. If you wish to receive a reminder wgen registration is possible, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 1: Rate 1 - students: € 225,-
Level 2: Rate 1 - students: € 338,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- 4 weeks
- Offered by
- Language & Training Centre
- Course type
- Instruction language
- Mode of instruction
- Campus Woudestein, Rotterdam
At this moment registration for this course is not possible.