- Course dates
Monday 2 - Friday 13 August FULLY BOOKED
Class: 09.30-11.00 hours & 11.45-13.15 hours
Special Rate: € 25,-
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others: € 399,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Application deadline
Wednesday 21 July 2021
Would you like to improve your Dutch language skills but don't you have time to do this during the academic year? Do not hesitate and register for our summer course Dutch! During this more intensive course for absolute beginners, you can complete one target level in two weeks instead of 10 weeks. If you are an international student and have not taken this course before, you can now take the course for a discounted rate of €25,-.
This online course consists of ten daily sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
Are you a German native speaker?
For German native speakers we offer a course that includes two levels (A1+A2.1) since it is much easier for German native speakers to learn Dutch. The course schedule is the same.
Please note that this course will not be taught from German. Should another language be necessary for explaining, this will be English. Please note that we don't offer a course for German native speakers this summer.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- presenting yourself;
- greetings and farewells;
- making an appointment;
- café, market, restaurant and shop;
- the Dutch culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- This online course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used.
- The course material is not included in the course fee (costs: € 42,95). You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a day on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 14.
Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- The written exam, in which your reading and writing skills will be tested takes place on Friday 13 August.. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a ‘pass’ for all four skills.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Explanation payment Staff courses
This course is for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the Online Dutch Summer course via our web shop. Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements. Explanation about the payment procedure for EUR staff can be found here.