- Course dates
Monday to Friday from 9 August to 20 August 2021,
There will be a break from 11.00 until 11.45 hours.
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others: € 399,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Application deadline
Wednesday 28 July 2021
Would you like to learn Spanish, but don't you have time to do this during the academic year?
Don’t hesitate and register for our online summer course Spanish via Zoom! During this more intensive course for absolute beginners, you can complete one target level in two weeks instead of 10 weeks.
This course consists of ten daily sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on Friday 20 August. One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What will you learn?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Spanish language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- greetings and farewells;
- presenting yourself;
- describe your personality and that of others;
- shopping, clothes and colours;
- counting from 0 to 1.000.000.
- grammar and vocabulary;
- information about Spanish speaking countries.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- This course is available for participants with an academic background (hbo/university).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Spanish and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 50, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a day on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 12, the maximum is 14. Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. To pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam on Friday 20 August is part of this course. Dyslectic students can get extra time to complete the written test. To arrange this, you need to contact the LTC via email. You will also have to send a copy of your official statement of special needs.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.