Course Summer course Spanish
Would you like to learn Spanish, but don't you have time to do this during the academic year?
Don’t hesitate and register for our summer course Spanish! During this more intensive course for absolute beginners, you can complete one target level in two weeks instead of 10 weeks.
This course consists of nine daily sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of the summer course Spanish?
During this course you will learn the basics of the Spanish language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- greetings and farewells;
- presenting yourself;
- describe your personality and that of others;
- shopping, clothes and colours;
- counting from 0 to 1.000.000.
- grammar and vocabulary;
- information about Spanish speaking countries.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Spanish and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 40, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a day on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16. Please note that he LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam on Friday 31 August is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Course type
- Summer course
- Course dates
Monday to Friday from 20 August to 31 August 2018, 09.30-13.00 hours.
- Campus Woudestein, Rotterdam
Rate 1: Students & employees: € 299,-
Rate 2: Others: € 449,-
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
- Not applicable
- Start date
- Application deadline
Monday 6 August 2018, 13.00 hours.
- 2 weeks
- Offered by
- Erasmus University Rotterdam | Language & Training Centre
- Language and Culture | Spanish
- Instruction language
- Mode of instruction
This course is only for beginners only. You need to apply and pay for the summer course Dutch via our webshop. If rate special (Bachelor, Master, Exchange or PhD students) or rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate special or rate 2 during your purchase. Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.