GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test.
Is the mathematical part of the GMAT an obstacle for you? Do you need help with the quantitative part
of the GMAT? Do you need the GMAT for admission purposes to for example a premaster IBA of RSM?
And would you like to also focus on finding an exam strategy for the quantitative part?
The Language & Training Centre (LTC) will help you get there!
What’s the content of GMAT?
The Language & Training Centre organises a special GMAT training at Woudestein campus,
which consists of 4 face-to-face sessions and an online programme.
The aim of the course is to make sure that:
- you are well-prepared for the mathematical part of your GMAT exam;
- you are self-confident because you are used to work with real GMAT exams;
- and that you know how to successfully deal with this exam (exam strategy)!
The study load of this training is 4 x 2 hours plus self-study and requires a lot of time and effort:
before the start you will use the online environment ALEKS extensively. During and after the training
you continue to use it. You'll also get special assignments to familiarise yourself with typical GMAT
tasks and many original GMAT question to gain experience for the exam. The amount of time you
should invest in preparation and self-study varies and depends very much on your actual level of
mastery of the mathematics. As an indication, if you have you scheduled your official exam within
two months after the last lesson, you must consider a study load of at least 15 hours a week from
the day of registration on.
What is the course schedule for 2017?
The enrolment deadline for the training course mentioned below is Friday 29 September, 13.00 hours.
Monday 23 October 2017
Erasmus University Rotterdam
The online program ALEKS will be available from Monday 2 October 2017.
What is the course fee for GMAT?
Rate 1: students & employees
Rate 2: others
|€ 185,-||€ 275,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
Good to know
- The international GMAT exam consists of 4 parts: an analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, a quantitative section, and a verbal section. This training prepares you for the quantitative part only.
- We are assuming that you know all about the objective, plan and requirements of the GMAT before the start of this training. Click here for the official website of the GMAT exam.
- The GMAT training is in principle taught in English. However, if the group consists of Dutch students only, it will be (partially) taught in Dutch.
- In the Verbal part of the GMAT exam your level of English is being tested quite profoundly. For that reason, you need to master the English language sufficiently well.
- You will get access to the online study programme ALEKS that allows you to survey your current mathematical knowledge and algebraic skills. Furthermore, this digital learning environment offers you a tailor-made course in which you can practise parts you don’t master sufficiently and is available 24/7. A big advantage of this system is that you can repeatedly practise all parts until you master them properly! When the training is confirmed, you will get the confirmation letter and the login code for this program via email. We strongly advise you to start working with ALEKS in the two weeks prior to the first lesson!
- The course materials are partly included in the course fee, and comprise hand-outs, a reader and access to the online study programme ALEKS. During this training we will make use of the book: 'The official guide for GMAT, quantitative review. This book is not included in the course fee and costs approximately € 18,-. Please note: you should buy one of the following four editions:
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2017 (Blue book, ISBN 978-1-119-25391-4)
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2016 (Green book, ISBN 978-1-119-04259-4)
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2015 (White book, ISBN 978-1-118-91414-4)
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Second Edition (Dark green book, ISBN 978-0-470-74744-5)
- You should be prepared to put a lot of effort in this training and in the work at home with the online program. The amount of time needed varies and depends on your actual level of mastery of the mathematics. We advise you to spend about 15 hours per week on preparation and self-study. If your exam date of the official GMAT is scheduled shortly after the last day of the training, you will definitely need those 15 hours a week. If your exam date is scheduled in the near future, you'll probably spend fewer hours per week on self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 8, the maximum is 15. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable
- There will be no final exam and the official GMAT exam is not included in the course fee.
- You will receive an attendance certificate.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
You need to apply and pay for this GMAT training course via our webshop. If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please email us to receive an enrolment form. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.