Level B1.1 is equal to intermediate 1
A Dutch B1.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place
after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been
covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of Dutch B1.1?
This course is a continuation of the course Dutch A2.2. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Dutch language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- work, study, education and spare time;
- the Dutch culture.
In this course, your vocabulary will significantly increase to be able to communicate at a higher level. The final level of the course is B1.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for period 1: September - December 2017?
The Language & Training Centre offers Dutch courses, three times a year.
Our course periods are:
- Period 1: October - December
- Period 2: January - March
- Period 3: April - June
The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Wednesday 13 September, 13.00 hours.
Course day & time
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Thursday 30 November 2017
|Erasmus University Rotterdam|
|Thursday 30 November 2017|
What is the course fee for Dutch B1.1?
Rate 1: students & employees
Rate 2: others
|€ 279,-||€ 379,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Dutch and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 45, - and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that particular day.
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at A2.2.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the B1.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the A2.2 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the Dutch A2.2 course of the LTC, you are allowed to register for a B1.1 course. Passing for your final exam and thus completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the following level.
You need to apply and pay for the course Dutch B1.1 via our webshop.
If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.