Level B2.1 is equal to upper-intermediate 1
An English B2.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes
place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have
been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of English B2.1?
This is an English for Academic Purposes course. The main aim of this course is to equip participants
with skills so that they can function quite confidently when using English in different academic and
also non-academic situations. It will cover the following skills:
- speaking- to discuss, debate and give presentations on a wide variety of subjects;
- reading & comprehension;
- writing- essays, reports analysing graphs, emails and others;
- critical thinking;
This course also focuses on the use and improvement of grammatical structures, so that you are
able to communicate in various common and everyday situations. This course can be described
as a blended learning course. The final level of the course is B2.1 according to the Common
European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for period 1: September - December 2017?
The Language & Training Centre offers English courses, three times a year.
Our course periods are:
- Period 1: October - December
- Period 2: January - March
- Period 3: April - June
The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Wednesday 13 September, 13.00 hours.
|Level||Course day & time||Location||Exam date|
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Monday 4 December 2017
What is the course fee for English B2.1?
Bachelor,- & Master students
students & employees
|€ 145,-||€ 299,-||€ 449,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
*Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- The course material costs approximately € 36,- and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course
preparation and self-study. This is a guideline: some may need more time.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an
oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at B1.2.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the B2.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
You need to apply and pay for the course English B2.1 via our webshop.
If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer
is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your
employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment
via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.