Level C1.1 is equal to advanced 1
An English C1.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 3 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of English C1.1?
This English for academic purposes course is a continuation of the course English B2.2. It aims to prepare students who need English for academic studies at an advance level. It is an integrated skills course which means that students will develop their abilities in the following areas:
- speaking- to discuss, debate and give presentations on a wide variety of subjects;
- reading & comprehension;
- writing- essays, reports analysing graphs, summaries, critiques and proposals;
- critical thinking;
During the course, you will further improve all necessary skills. When you participate in this course, you are already at an advanced level and you would like to develop yourself. For this reason, the focus is on vocabulary and expressions on a professional level. This course can be described as a blended learning course. The final level of the course is C1.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for period 1: September - December 2017?
The Language & Training Centre offers English courses, three times a year.
Our course periods are:
- Period 1: October - December
- Period 2: January - March
- Period 3: April - June
The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Wednesday 13 September, 13.00 hours.
|Level||Course day & time||Location||Exam date|
28/9/2017 - 30/11/2017
|Erasmus University Rotterdam|
|Monday 4 December 2017|
What is the course fee for English C1.1?
Bachelor,- & Master students
students & employees
|€ 145,-||€ 299,-||€ 449,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
*Please note that you are only allowed to use this special rate once.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- The course material costs approximately € 40,- and is not included in the course fee.
You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on
course preparation and self-study. This is a guideline: some may need more time.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an
oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at B2.2.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the C1.1 advice of an LTC intake or assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the B2.2 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the English B2.2 course of the LTC, you are
allowed to register for a C1.1 course. Passing for your final exam and thus
completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the
You need to apply and pay for the course English C1.1 via our webshop.
If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.