Level A2.1 is equal to pre-intermediate 1
An Italian A2.1 course consists of ten weekly sessions of 2,5 hours each. The final exam takes place after the course on a predetermined date (see schedule below). One course level will have been covered by the end of this course.
What’s the content of Italian A2.1?
This course is a continuation of the course Italian A1. During this course you will continue with the previously learned topics of the Italian language, with emphasis on reading, speaking, listening and writing skills in an everyday context. Topics that are covered include:
- introducing yourself and others;
- shopping and eating outside;
- express preferences;
- habits and memories in the past;
- apply the learned grammatical knowledge (including possessive and passive nouns, imperfetto indicativo of regular and irregular verbs);
- grammar and vocabulary;
- the Italian culture.
By the end of the course, you will have a small vocabulary to be able to communicate orally and in writing about personal topics and in common and everyday situations. The final level of the course is A2.1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
What is the course schedule for period 1: September - December 2017?
The Language & Training Centre offers Italian courses, three times a year.
Our course periods are:
- Period 1: October - December
- Period 2: January - March
- Period 3: April - June
The enrolment deadline for the course(s) mentioned below is Wednesday 13 September, 13.00 hours.
Course day & time
not offered in this course period
What is the course fee for Italian A2.1?
Rate 1: students & employees
Rate 2: others
|€ 279,-||€ 379,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
Good to know
- This course is accessible for participants with an academic background (HBO/WO).
- English is the language of support during classes. However, the language of instruction is Italian and will be commonly used.
- The course material costs approximately € 30, - and is not included in the course fee. You will receive a confirmation letter with further details when the course starts.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 10, the maximum is 16. Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this course if the required minimum number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable. Please note that the last class consists of an oral test and a listening test. In order to pass the course, you should be present on that
- A final written exam is part of this course.
- A certificate is awarded to participants who achieve a total score of 5.5 or higher.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
How to register
To be admitted to this course, your current level of the language needs to be at A1.
As proof of this entrance level we accept the following:
- the A2.1 advice of an LTC’s assessment (less than 12 months old);
- the LTC certificate of the A1 course (less than 12 months old);
- If you are currently participating in the Italian A1 course of the LTC, you are allowed to register for an A1.2 course. Passing for your final exam and thus completing the course with a 5.5 or higher is necessary to actually start the following level.
You need to apply and pay for the Italian A1.2 course via our webshop. If rate 2 (others) is applicable to you, please choose rate 2 during your purchase.
Payment is possible via iDeal. In the case where you don’t have iDeal or where your employer is paying, please use the enrolment form to register. If you wish to receive an invoice for your employer, please mark this option on your enrolment form. N.B. After receiving your payment via our webshop, an invoice cannot be given.