ITP-TOEFL stands for Institutional Testing Programme, a test of English as a foreign language. The results of this test are only valid within Erasmus University Rotterdam. You can use your test result to show that your language level is sufficient to be accepted into a degree programme that is taught in English, or to go on an exchange programme. Please enquire at your faculty which test is required! For some faculties and thus for universities (abroad) you are requested to take an official TOEFL-test.
The next ITP-TOEFL take place on:
- Thursday 2 December 2021 | 10.00-12.30 hours FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 21 December 2021 | 14:00-16:30 hours
Please note that the ITP-TOEFL is a different test than the official TOEFL test (TOEFL iBT) and that it will not be accepted for all academic purposes. The official TOEFL test (iBT) can only be reserved via the ETS Global website. A TOEFL test can’t be used as an entry test for our language courses.
The ITP TOEFL test will be completed at home, using a special online edition. Kindly note you need a computer with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11 in order to take the test. Furthermore, you need a camera as the test will be proctored via Zoom. Further instructions and requirements will be sent to you after the deadline.
The ITP-TOEFL is a multiple choice test consisting of the following parts:
- Listening comprehension
- Grammar and writing skills
- Reading comprehension
The ITP TOEFL test will be completed at home, using a special online edition. The test results will be communicated by email between 7-10 days after the test has been completed. The digital version of the ITP TOEFL unfortunately has not yet been made ready for giving extra time.
An ITP-TOEFL costs € 90,-. You will receive a score report. The test results are valid for two years.
This test is organised every month by the Language & Training Centre and more frequently if necessary. It could happen that the new test is not available yet. If you are interested, we kindly ask you to send us an email. A reminder will be sent to you as soon as registration opens.
|Test dates||Enrolment deadline|
|Thursday 2 December 2021 | 10.00-12.30 hours FULLY BOOKED||Monday 22 November 2021|
|Tuesday 21 December 2021 | 14:00-16:30 hours||Thursday 9 December 2021|
- You need to apply and pay for the course via our web shop (choose academic year 2021). Only if the course will be paid for by your employer and the payment needs be done via invoice, we ask you to contact us upfront via email to make the necessary arrangements.
- Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this test if the required minimum number of participants of 7 is not reached.
- After the registration deadline, we will send you a confirmation email with further information about the test. Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.
- Please note that some faculties at Erasmus University or universities abroad do not accept the ITP-TOEFL test, but only the result of an official TOEFL test. There are two types of official TOEFL test: Internet-based or Paper-based. The LTC does not offer the official TOEFL tests. For more information about the official TOEFL test and your closest test centre please visit www.toefl.org.