News & updates
Due to growing concerns regarding the coronavirus there are many changes in our daily lives. The Language & Training Centre follows the advice of the RIVM and the government strictly. As such, we will have to make adjustments to ensure that we can offer our courses, intakes and exams in the safest and most appropriate way. Keep an eye on this page and our social media channels for the latest news.
Reach us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), Whatsapp (+31610604467) or social media,
Monday to Friday from 9 to 5.
Friday 31 July: LTC is offering all language courses online until 31 December 2020. Registrations for the courses starting in September are open now, so don't forget to sign up on time! We hope to offer courses on campus again starting from the new year. For now, keep an eye on our socials for the latest developments regarding our language courses.
Friday 22 May: The government announced some relaxations of nation-wide measures against the corona crisis. LTC will keep offering courses and exams online until the summer. The campus of Erasmus University will slowly open again, but there isn’t enough capacity to offer a physically distant teaching and learning environment yet. You’ll hear from us as soon as there’s progress!
Friday May 1st: Erasmus University guarantees academic education for everyone starting or continuing their study from September 1st onwards. Whether this will be on campus, online, or a blend of the two is still unclear. This depends largely on the measures of the government and the state of the crisis in the next couple of months. LTC is also looking for ways to continue giving language courses from September onwards. We're currently brainstorming how to offer education the way we’ve always done, albeit adjusted to the current global situation. In the meantime you can reach us by email (email@example.com), Whatsapp (+31610604467) or social media, Monday to Friday from 9 to 5.
- Tuesday 21 April: The existing measures of the government have been extended until May 20th. Primary schools will re-open slowly, but universities will remain closed. Erasmus University and the LTC will still remain closed until further notice.
- Tuesday 31 March: The government extends the measures around coronavirus until April 28th. This means schools and universities will be closed until then and there won’t be any physical classes, intakes or exams. Our office will stay closed, but you can reach us through social media, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Whatsapp (+31610604467).
- Wednesday 25 March: Until June 1st all language courses at LTC will be given online only. There won’t be any physical classes until then. The language courses we offer for this period are Chinese beginners A1.2, English C1.1, Italian beginners A1, Spanish A2.1 and Dutch A1, A2.1, A2.2, B1.1, B1.2, B2.2, C1.1. There won’t be any intakes for these courses. Sign up via eur.nl/ltc. Deadline: March 29th. Please read our requirements carefully before registering.
- Monday 23 March: The government announces stricter corona measures, amongst them the extension of the ban on public gatherings until June 1st. This means the Language & Training Centre will offer its courses from April to June fully online. See eur.nl/ltc to register. Deadline: March 29th.
- Monday 16 March: As of today, all EUR buildings on campus Woudestein will be open for teaching staff only. Students are advised not to travel to the university. LTC will be working from home and is no longer available via the general phone number. You can contact us via e-mail (email@example.com), Whatsapp (+31610604467) or social media, Monday to Friday from 9 to 5.
- Friday 13 March: The government announces measures against the coronavirus. Until April 6th all public gatherings are forbidden. This means all on-campus education at EUR will be suspended until April 6th, including all physical courses, exams and intakes of LTC. Students who are currently enrolled in our courses will be informed as soon as possible.