For future EUR-students who are planning to take the colloquium doctum exam Mathematics 1 or 2 or the exam Deficiencies in mathematics
Do you want to prepare yourself properly for the mathematical part of the colloquium doctum exam or for the deficiencies in mathematics exam level 1 or level 2? Or would you like to refresh yourmathematics skills before starting at Erasmus University Rotterdam? Don’t hesitate and register now for level 1 or level 2!
- A Studyboost training course: deficiencies in mathematics level 1, consists of 8 sessions in total,
held over 4 weeks (2 meetings a week) of 1½ hours each.
- A Studyboost training course: deficiencies in mathematics level 2, consists of 8 sessions in total,
held over 4 weeks (2 meetings a week) of 2½ hours each. Including a 15-minute break.
|What’s the content of Studyboost?|
This training course will cover all math topics that are necessary to master before your admission to a particular education within Erasmus University. The training course consists of two separate parts.
Firstly, you get access to an online self-study programme that allows you to survey your current mathematical knowledge and algebraic skills. This digital learning environment offers you a tailor-made training course in which you can practice parts you don’t master sufficiently and is available 24/7. A big advantage of this system is that you can repeatedly practice all parts until you master them properly!
Lastly and secondly, the training course consists of lessons given by qualified teachers. They know what the problems might be for students and where students often stumble. These lessons will elaborate on addressing and solving issues that are similar to the challenges and tasks of the deficiencies in mathematics exam (also called the ‘Colloquium Doctum exam of level 1 or 2).
|What are the differences between level 1 and level 2?|
Below you can see which level is required for which training course. Please check the requirements within the faculty itself, so you are able to avoid disappointments.
Level 1 is normally used for the following training courses:
- Public administration (ESSB)
- Philosophy (FWB)
- Criminology (ESL)
- Health sciences (ESHPM)
- Pedagogical sciences (ESSB)
- Psychology (ESSB)
- Sociology (ESSB)
Level 2 is normally used for the following training courses:
- Business Administration/Public Administration (RSM)
- IBA International Business Administration (RSM)
- Economics & Business economics (ESE)
- Fiscal Economics (ESE)
|What is the schedule for 2018?|
- Deficiencies in mathematics - level 1: 8 classes of 1,5 hours
Time: 19.00 – 20.30 hours
- Deficiencies in mathematics - level 2: 8 classes of 2,5 hours
Time: 16.00 – 18.30 hours
Thursday 19 April
Monday 23 April
Monday 30 April
Thursday 3 May
Monday 7 May
Monday 14 May
Thursday 17 May
Rate 1: students
Rate 1: students
|€ 225,-||€ 338,-|
Which rate is applicable to you? Read on.
|Good to know|
- These training courses are accessible for (EUR) students who want to refresh their mathematics skills.
- This training course will be taught in Dutch.
- The registration deadline is Wednesday 11 April 2018.
- You will receive an attendance certificate.
- The license for the online part ALEKS is included in the course fee. For both courses the
following books need to be bought: ‘Basisboek Wiskunde’ from Jan van de Craats and Rob Bosch
(ISBN 978-90-430-1673-5, Pearson, 2011) You will receive a confirmation letter with further
details when the course starts.
- You will get access to an online study programme ALEKS. This system is available 24/7 and you can repeatedly practice all parts until you master them! (for 136 days). When the training is confirmed,
you will get the confirmation letter and the login code for this program via email. For more
information about ALEKS, please take a look at the following video.
- Course participants are expected to spend approximately three hours a week
on course preparation and self-study.
- Our groups are small: the minimum number of participants is 8, the maximum is 10.
Please note that the LTC reserves the right to cancel this training course if the required minimum
number of participants is not reached.
- Attendance is not compulsory, but advisable.
- Please note that you should register yourself for the colloquium doctum exam or
deficiencies in mathematics exam. More information can be found via ESSC.
The exam is not included in the course fee.
- Read our requirements and general terms and conditions carefully before registering.