Minor at Leiden University or TU Delft
A minor offers an excellent opportunity to broaden your horizon. By taking your minor in Leiden or Delft, you get to experience another way of thinking, get to work with other students and get to know another city. It will enrich your academic experience and your resume.
Joint Leiden-Delft-Rotterdam minor
Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam offer joint minors. Lectures are organized by at least two of the three partners. Joint minors come in two varieties: 15 EC en 30 EC. Students can apply for joint minors in Osiris during the application period.
In 2017-2018, two joint minors are offered:
Regular minor at Leiden University or TU Delft
Check the minor sites of Leiden University and TU Delft to see which minors are on offer and consult the minor admissions matrices to check which minors are open to your bachelor program. You can apply from 1 May up to 31 May through the online application form available at the respective minor sites.
Please note the following:
- You can only register one minor preference per partner university.
- Your minor preference in Delft or Leiden is considered your primary application
- In addition, you can register a maximum of 5 EUR minor preferences in Osiris Student.
- You do not need to request permission from your Exam Board for taking a minor in Leiden or Delft, with the exception of ESL-students.
- You can only apply for minors open to your Bachelor programme (check the admission matrix).
- You'll be informed after 20 June which minor you've been placed in on your student mail.
- Your EUR-preferences will be deleted if you are placed on a minor in Leiden or Delft. Only exception is:if you are placed in a selection minor at your own university. This placement always has priority over other applications!
- You can only be placed in one minor at Leiden University, TU Delft or Erasmus University.
Note before you register for a regular minor in Leiden or Delft
TU Delft, Leiden University and Erasmus University Rotterdam have made 33% of the places in their minors available to students of the partner universities. This greatly improves your placement chances in Leiden or Delft.
Please note that minors in Leiden and Delft are 30 EC. At Leiden University you can also take a minor for 15 EC (called a half minor, consisting of a set package of courses). TU Delft minors cannot be followed for 15 ECTS. The minor scope at Erasmus University Rotterdam is 15 EC. If you earn an extra 15 EC, this will come on top of the 180 EC of your study program.
Please take into account that the minor period in Leiden and Delft does not necessarily overlap with the minor period at Erasmus University. In Delft, the minor period continues well into January. In Leiden, minor courses in some cases are planned throughout the academic year. If the minor formats in Leiden do not include the scheduling information, it is best to send a mail to the contact persons to inquire about the minor's schedule.