Erasmus+ Application Procedure (study)
Once the international office of your faculty has selected you, you will receive an email with information about the application procedure. In order to prepare yourself for this, we have briefly described the process on this page.
- Start application process ‘stay abroad’ in Osiris
- Apply for grant in Osiris after approval of the stay abroad application by the International Office EUR
- Download 2 forms (Grant Agreement and Learning Agreement)
- Fill in the 2 forms and get them signed by the home university and host university. Original signatures are not necessary, scanned copies also suffice.
- Upload the 2 completed forms in Osiris
- If you are going to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you have to do an online language assessment before you leave. The test will take about 40 minutes. You will receive an invitation for the test per email. Exceptions are made for native speakers.
- Changes in the study duration as stated in the grant agreement need to be reported within 4 weeks via part II of the Learning Agreement (during mobility)
- Changes in the courses as stated in the Learning Agreement also need to be reported within 4 weeks via the Learning Agreement (part II during mobility)
- If you are going to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you can do a free online language course in one of those languages during your stay abroad. If you are interested, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Within 30 days after return in the Netherlands all required documents have to be filled in and submitted.
- Learning Agreement part III (after mobility)
- Participants Report (online tool; not yet available)
- Copy of Transcript of Records (provided by the host university)
- If you went to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you have to do an online language assessment after your return. The test will take about 40 minutes. You will receive an invitation for the test per email. Exceptions are made for native speakers.
The Learning Agreement and the Transcript of Records should be sent to email@example.com.
The first part of the grant (75%) will be paid after the approval of the Grant Agreement and the Learning Agreement in Osiris. The final payment (25%) will be paid after receipt of all required documents.
If you do not meet the conditions or do not hand in the required documents on time, the grant will have to be reimbursed.
Below you can find an overview of Frequently Asked Questions.
I received the Erasmus+ scholarship for my bachelor exchange. Now I am going on exchange during my master. Am I still eligible for the grant?
Yes, the scholarship can be awarded during 3 cycles (bachelor, master and PhD). For each cycle, the maximum period for the scholarship is 12 months.
|Online Language Test|
Do I need to do the online language assessment? I have already done a test to be selected for my exchange.
The language assessment is obligatory. Exceptions are only possible for native speakers. Native speakers have to send a copy of their passport to firstname.lastname@example.org to get an exemption.
|I received an invitation to do the language test in English. However, I am going to follow courses in another language. Do I still have to do the English test?||No, the test is also available in French, German, Italian and Spanish. You can send an email to email@example.com about this. We will change the language and send you a new invitation.|
I would like to apply for the free language course. How can I apply?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an invitation to do the test before the start of the language course.
I am currently a beginner at this language. Do I still have to take the test?
Yes. It is not possible to allocate a course without a test.
I will not have an address in the Netherlands during my stay abroad. What should I fill in?
You can fill in the address of your parents, your email address or your address abroad.
Where should I fill in the ISCED code?
In the field where you have to fill in the faculty or school you will be studying at.
|Which option applies to me: a mobility grant, zero grant or financial support of the EU?||It is the ‘Mobility grant’ option if you are not going to receive any other fund from the EU for your stay abroad.|
I am abroad already and do not have the opportunity to take care of the signatures of my faculty. How do I get their signatures?
It is not necessary to have original signatures. You can send an email to the international office of your faculty and ask them to print it, sign it and to return it to you per email.
Who is the contact person at my faculty?
To check this, please visit this page.
The international office of my receiving university does not want to sign the form before my arrival. Is this a problem?
You can send the signed form at a later moment. However, the first payment will only be done after completing this form. This means that you will receive the first payment at a later moment.
|I do not know the contact details of my receiving university. Can I leave this part blank?||The international office of your faculty can give you these details. It is not possible to leave this field blank.|
I currently do not know which courses I am going to take. Do I have to wait with filling in the form until I know which courses I am going to take?
If this is the case for you, we recommend filling in the courses you expect to take. Any changes can be reported during your mobility through a separate form.
What should I fill in for table B?
If you are going on exchange during your minor for instance, you can fill in “mobility window”. It is not necessary to fill in all of the courses you would have done at Erasmus University if you had not planned to go abroad.
The exams will be in January. However, I am returning to the Netherlands before Christmas. Which end date should I fill in?
You should fill in the return date. The end date stated by the receiving university will be the official end date and this date will determine the number of days for which you will receive the scholarship.
In your email, you mentioned that I could use the Learning Agreement sent earlier as long as the format is the same. What does this mean?
Some students received this form earlier via their faculty to register for courses and have completed the form already. If this is the case for you, you do not need to fill in the form again.
If you have other questions than those mentioned above, please send an email to: email@example.com or watch the video below!