Erasmus+ Application Procedure (internship)
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Once the international office of your faculty has selected you, you will receive an email with information about the application procedure. In order to prepare yourself for this, we have briefly described the process on this page.
- Start application process ‘stay abroad’ in Osiris
- Apply for grant in Osiris after approval of the application 'stay abroad' by the International Office EUR
- Download 2 forms (Grant Agreement and Learning Agreement Traineeship)
- Fill in the 2 forms and get them signed by the home university and host organisation. Original signatures are not necessary, scanned copies also suffice.
- Upload the 2 completed forms in Osiris
- If you are going to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you have to do an online language assessment before you leave. The test will take about 40 minutes. You will receive an invitation for the test per email. Exceptions are made for native speakers.
- Changes in the duration as stated in the grant agreement need to be reported within 4 weeks via the form "Change to internship duration".
- If you are going to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you can do a free online language course in one of those languages during your stay abroad. If you are interested, you can email email@example.com for more information.
Within 30 days after return in the Netherlands all required documents have to be filled in and submitted.
- Learning Agreement, part III after mobility
- Traineeship Certificate
- If you went to a country in which the main language of instruction is English, German, French, Spanish or Italian, you have to do an online language assessment after your return. The test will take about 40 minutes. You will receive an invitation for the test per email. Exceptions are made for native speakers.
The forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first part of the grant (75%) will be paid after the approval of the Grant Agreement and the Host Enterprise Agreement in Osiris. The final payment (25%) will be paid after receipt of all required documents.
If you do not meet the conditions or do not hand in the required documents on time, the grant will have to be reimbursed.
If you have any questions about this procedure, you can send them to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to filter out the scholarships you might be able to apply for, take the following steps:
- Select on this page your current situation.
By clicking on one of the situations, the scholarship overview that applies to you will be shown;
- All the basic requirements of the scholarship are mentioned in the table of the scholarship overview page. Check for country and region eligibility, study level and faculty specific information;
- Click on one of the scholarships for more details;
- To apply, follow the given application instructions.
- Select on this page your current situation.
Follow the application instructions on the scholarship detail page, by clicking on one of the scholarships in the overview table.
In Holland, higher education is subsidized, which means that tuition fees can be kept relatively low, especially compared with the United Kingdom and the United States. Because of this, we do not have an extensive scholarship programme. This doesn't mean we don't have them at all though, so make sure to have a closer look.
Your changes are slim, meaning that most students won't gain a scholarship. There are hundreds of new students each year, but there is not an equal amount of scholarships available. Therefore always make sure to have a plan B to cover your finances, in case you won't gain the scholarship.
Most of the requirements apply to:
- Study results / being an excellent student;
- Being able to demonstrate your ambition;
- Level of study;
- Obtained diplomas;
- Country of origin.
First, select on the Scholarships and grants page if you're a student planning to study at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) or whether you're already studying at EUR and thinking about going on exchange.
After selecting one of these options, you'll land on a page with a scholarship overview applicable to your situation.
Preparing an application for a scholarship can be time consuming. Deadlines can be as early as January, so make sure to plan ahead. Start looking for scholarships 6-12 months in advance.
That depends on the scholarship. The scholarship may be a partial tuition fee waiver which means you still need to pay tuition fee. Please check the criteria of your scholarship carefully.
In a lot of cases you will receive the scholarship for only one year. Please check the scholarship criteria carefully to avoid unpleasant surprises. Think about ways to finance your 2nd and/or 3rd year in advance.