Erasmus Trust Fund Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver 2020-2021
The Erasmus Trust Fund offers in cooperation with Erasmus School of Economics a full scholarship for one excellent master student from a non-EEA country. The scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver of € 13.057 and a maximum sum of € 15.000 to cover living expenses, the remaining tuition fee, and the IND immigration fee.
The requirements to be eligible for this scholarship, can be found below. This scholarship is not applicable to current ESE (pre-) Master students. Keep in mind that there is only one scholarship available.
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of an Erasmus Trust Fund Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver, an applicant:
- Must be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship/fee waiver is being requested and must comply with the residence requirements;
- Must be a national of a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
*The general conditions are laid down in the Regulations Financial Support fund (pdf) (p. 14)
- The applicant must be admitted to one of the following programmes:
- Master Accounting, Auditing and Control
- Master Econometrics and Management Science
- Master Economics and Business
- The applicant must have registered for one of the above mentioned master programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in Studielink, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Applications Portal before 1 February 2020.
- The applicant must have achieved excellent study results during his/her previous bachelor programme. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.5 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a budget plan, indicating how much money he/she expects to spend each month.
- The applicant must have completed the immigration application before 15 May 2020. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents. For more information, please see the immigration procedures for prospective students.
The applicant granted this scholarship should be aware that it applies to only one academic year. All applicants are to be aware that there are multiple applicants for only one available scholarship. No rights can therefore be derived when the above mentioned minimum application criteria are met. Erasmus School of Economics and the Erasmus Trust Fund reserve the right to withdraw the offer for the scholarship if the applicant fails to comply with the above mentioned terms and conditions.
Amount and payment
The student will receive a sum of maximum € 15.000 from Erasmus Trust Fund to cover living expenses and the IND immigration application fee. On top of that, the student will receive an Erasmus School of Economics tuition fee waiver for academic year 2020-2021, which will lower the tuition fee to the statutory fee (€ 2.143).
- The scholarship application deadline is 1 February 2020
- The applicant is to send an e-mail to: email@example.com with the following scholarship application documents:
- Motivation statement (max. 2 A4)
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript, including your GPA calculated up to the moment of application. If the GPA is not presented on your academic transcript, we kindly receive a certified statement confirming your obtained GPA.
- Budget plan
The application will be open from 1 November 2019 until 1 February 2020 (deadline: 31 January 23:59). Please note that scholarship applications received – or incomplete – after the deadline, will not be considered.
The applications will be reviewed after 1 February 2020.
All applicants will be officially informed via e-mail about the outcome of their scholarship application. If you are awarded the Erasmus Trust Fund Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver, you will receive all further details in the nomination email. All emails will be sent in the beginning of April 2020.