L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver 2020-2021
This scholarship (max. sum of € 22.000) is open to individuals from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts, who are applying to a Master’s degree programme. After the completion of the master programme, the awardee commits to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries' social and economic development. Erasmus School of Economics provides an additional fee waiver, in case the student has to pay the institutional tuition fee.
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of an L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver, an applicant:
- Must be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship/fee waiver is being requested and must comply with the residence requirements;
- Must be a national of a country on the list of the Developing Countries of the World Bank (pdf).
*The general conditions are laid down in the Regulations Financial Support fund (pdf) (p. 14)
- The applicant must be admitted to one of the following programmes:
- Master Accounting, Auditing and Control
- Master Econometrics and Management Science
- Master Economics and Business
- The applicant must have registered for one of the above mentioned master programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in Studielink, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Applications Portal before 1 February 2020.
- The applicant must have achieved excellent study results during his/her previous bachelor programme. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- You have recent relevant work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a budget plan, indicating how much money he/she expects to spend each month.
- The applicant must have completed the immigration application before 15 May 2020. Completing the immigration procedure entails having submitted the immigration application documents. For more information, please see the immigration procedures for prospective students.
The applicant granted this scholarship should be aware that it applies to only one academic year.
All applicants are to be aware that this scholarship is open for applications from all schools of Erasmus University Rotterdam, for only one available scholarship. No rights can therefore be derived when the above mentioned minimum application criteria are met.
Amount and payment
The student will receive a sum between € 10.000 and € 22.000 from Erasmus Trust Fund to cover living expenses and the IND immigration application fee. On top of that, the student will receive an Erasmus School of Economics tuition fee waiver for academic year 2020-2021, which will lower the tuition fee to the statutory fee (€ 2.143).
- The scholarship application deadline is 1 February 2020
- The applicant is to send an e-mail to: email@example.com with the following scholarship application documents:
- Motivation statement (max. 2 A4)
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript, including your GPA calculated up to the moment of application. If the GPA is not presented on your academic transcript, we kindly receive a certified statement confirming your obtained GPA.
- Budget plan
The application will be open from 1 November 2019 until 1 February 2020 (deadline: 31 January 23:59). Please note that scholarship applications received – or incomplete – after the deadline, will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by Erasmus School of Economics after 1 February 2020. In the beginning of April, all applicants will be informed about the outcome of their scholarship application.
Shortlisted Erasmus School of Economics candidates will be forwarded to the Trust Fund/FMO Selection Committee for final selection. In case of nomination, the applicant will be informed by the Scholarship Department of Erasmus University Rotterdam (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the beginning of May 2020.