L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver 2021-2022
This scholarship (max. sum of € 22.000) is open to individuals from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts, who are applying to a Master’s degree programme. After the completion of the master programme, the awardee commits to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries' social and economic development. Erasmus School of Economics provides an additional fee waiver in case the student has to pay the institutional tuition fee.
In order to qualify for financial support under the provision of a L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver, an applicant:
- Must be a national of a country on the list of the Developing Countries of the World Bank (pdf).
- Must be admitted to one of the following programmes*:
- Master Accounting, Auditing and Control
- Master Econometrics and Management Science
- Master Economics and Business
- Must have registered for one of the above-mentioned master programmes at Erasmus School of Economics in Studielink, as well as having submitted the application documents in the EUR Application Portal before 1 February in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Must have achieved excellent study results during his/her previous bachelor programme. This means an average final result of at least grade 8.0 on a grading scale of 1-10.
- Must have recent relevant work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate the reason why this scholarship will enlarge his/her opportunity to study at Erasmus School of Economics by including a budget plan, indicating how much money he/she expects to spend each month.
- Must eventually be enrolled no later than 1 September of the academic year for which the scholarship is being requested.
* An admission offer is not required at the moment of application, however, only students with an admission offer will be considered for the L-EARN for Impact Scholarship.
Terms & conditions
The applicant granted this scholarship should be aware that it applies to only one academic year.
The scholarship will only be awarded when the applicant will start with the same programme for which he/she has applied and for which the applicant has received admission. Switching programmes after being awarded a scholarship is not possible.
There is one L-EARN for Impact Scholarship available and the application is open to applicants from all faculties of Erasmus University Rotterdam. No rights can therefore be derived when the above-mentioned minimum application criteria are met.
To be able to provide as many applicants with a scholarship, only 1 type of scholarship will be awarded to 1 applicant. This means you may apply for multiple scholarships; however, a combination of multiple scholarships will not be awarded.
Erasmus School of Economics reserves the right to withdraw the offer for the L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver if the applicant fails to comply with the terms and conditions.
Amount and payment
The student will receive a sum between € 10.000 and € 22.000 from Erasmus Trust Fund to cover living expenses and the IND immigration application fee. On top of that, the student will receive an Erasmus School of Economics tuition fee waiver, which will lower the tuition fee to the statutory fee (€ 2.168).
In order to apply for the L-EARN for Impact Scholarship and Erasmus School of Economics Waiver, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Motivation statement (max. 2 A4)
- Certified copy of your (most recent) academic transcript, including your GPA calculated up to the moment of application. If the GPA is not presented on your academic transcript, we kindly receive a certified statement from your educational institution confirming your obtained GPA.
- Budget plan
Once you have gathered all the required information, you can submit your application online.
The application will be open from 1 November until 1 February (deadline: 31 January 23:59). Please note that scholarship applications received – or incomplete – after the deadline, will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by Erasmus School of Economics after 1 February. In the beginning of April, all applicants will be informed about the outcome of their scholarship application.
Shortlisted Erasmus School of Economics candidates will be forwarded to the Trust Fund/FMO Selection Committee for final selection. In case of nomination, the applicant will be informed by the Scholarship Department of Erasmus University Rotterdam (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the beginning of May.