Permission to take courses outside the Erasmus School of Economics

If you would like to take a course outside the ESE, you will need permission of the Examination Board.

In some cases it is possible to incorporate the courses taken outside the ESE into the elective space of your degree programme. Before you can take a course outside ESE, you have to file a request for approval to the Examination Board. This procedure only applies to courses of other Faculties of Erasmus University and of other Dutch universities. There is another procedure for courses taken abroad

Writing a request

Pay special attention to the following aspects:

  • Give at least the following information in your explanation:
    • Clear description of the courses that you want to take;
    • Institute where you want to take this course/these courses;
    • Reason why you want to do this course/these courses;
  • Attach the following documents to your request: course description and literature.