Group II

How to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit

All non EU/EEA citizens who are staying longer than 3 months will need to apply for a temporary residence permit within 3 days upon arrival in Rotterdam. The Erasmus Student Service Centre (ESSC) will arrange the application for you. Further instructions will follow at the start of the academic year.

Required documents for a residence permit

(Please note, if on these documents a date is mentioned, the date should not be older than 3 months by the time you apply for the permit around September)

  • Legalised copy of your birth certificate in the English or Dutch language.
  • You can legalize documents at official translating offices in your home country.
  • Proof of Health Insurance
  • 2 colored passport photos (looking face front).
  • Coupon confirming your official registration, enclosed with your student card (you will receive this from us upon arrival)
  • Valid passport, if applicable with sticker stating the authorization for temporary stay.
  • Prepared to take a TBC test when asked.
  • Proof of solvency or scholarship (with a minimum of € 825,-)
  • This means a proof of income (bank statement, scholarship, tuition waiver, sponsor) you will need to show that you have at least € 825,- per month at your disposal during the period of stay.
  • The bank statement should be on official paper of the bank in English, including their address, the full name and bank account number of the student and it should show that the customer has immediate access to the money (savings account is not accepted!). A copy of this paper will not be accepted, only originals. The paper should not be older than three months. To prove this, a date of issue should be mentioned.
  • If e.g. a father or mother is sponsoring you, the proof of income should be on his/her name and a copy of his/her passport is needed as well. This form can be obtained on request via your contact person at Erasmus School of Economics.