Current facets (Pre-Master)
- What are the places to be in Rotterdam?
- Where to find the nearest supermarket?
- How does the public transport in Rotterdam work?
- Where can I buy books?
- Who can I contact if I have practical questions?
These are just a few questions to think about when you start your bachelor study abroad. Especially for new international students, Erasmus School of Economics offers the iBuddy programme in cooperation with its study associations Economic Faculty association Rotterdam (EFR) and Faculty Association Econometrics & Operations Research (FAECTOR).
What does the iBuddy programme offer?
- Before your arrival to Rotterdam, you will be linked to a buddy. This buddy is a senior student, who is joining the same study.
- You can ask your buddy all your questions about studying and student life in Rotterdam. Before your arrival in Rotterdam by e-mail and upon arrival in person.
- Free participation in the Welcome event, a social drink.
The best part? There are no costs and no further obligations involved for participation in the iBuddy programme.
You will receive an invitation for the iBuddy programme by email in May or June from Erasmus School of Economics in corporation with EFR or FAECTOR. This is dependent on which bachelor programme you will be starting at Erasmus School of Economics.
International Bachelor Economics and Business Economics (IBEB)
If you are a student International Bachelor Economics and Business Economics (IBEB), Economic Faculty Association Rotterdam (EFR) organises your iBuddy programme. The EFR Welcome event is planned on Thursday 31 August.
EFR organises also an Introduction Weekend, this is from Friday 1 September until Sunday 3 September. This weekend offers a great opportunity to get to know your fellow students in an informal environment and atmosphere before the start of the new academic year.
International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research or Double Degree BSc² Econometrics/Economics
If you are a student International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research or Double Degree BSc² Econometrics/Economics, Faculty Association Econometrics & Operations Research (FAECTOR) organises your iBuddy programme. The FAECTOR Welcome event is planned on Wednesday 30 August.
FAECTOR organises also an Introduction Weekend, called PENGUIN, will take place from Friday 1 September until Sunday 3 September. The PENGUIN weekend offers a great opportunity to get to know the university, the city of Rotterdam and your fellow students in a fun and informal way, before the academic year starts.