Content Manager 0.8 to 1.0 FTE
What you will be doing:
Together with your colleagues at Erasmus School of Economics, you will work on producing and coordinating content that will highlight Erasmus School of Economics’ research and education programmes among prospective students, alumni, scholars, the corporate sector and policy-makers.
You will identify relevant topics, coordinate and produce news items, brief background articles, and video material. You will arrange interviews with scholars on research topics and develop these interviews into content that can be readily understood and presented to the general public. You have a clear picture of how you can reach the desired target groups through a variety of channels, including social media and search engines, and you will incorporate this when planning content.
You will work closely with the Media & Public Relations Officer when producing and coordinating news items and content intended for corporate and research communication. Next to that, you will also work directly with the web team and the Online Marketing Advisor.
What we expect of you:
- Completed university-level or university of applied sciences-level education, preferably in the field of communications or journalism
- A good command of Dutch and English, both verbal and written A command of English preferably at C2 level. C1 level is a minimum requirement for this position
- Experience with working in a communications, content marketing or journalism job role
- Experience and knowledge in the use of social media, social media advertising, content management and online analytics
- Knowledge of SEO and its impact on content marketing and search results
- Experience in working with senior experts in producing and aligning content
- Creative, good organisational skills, and customer-oriented
- You have affinity with the subject of economics and with research in this subject area
What can you expect?
A great opportunity to work in an enthusiastic team for an international target group at an ambitious School. You have an interesting job role with a wide variety of tasks where you will work closely with scholars and other stakeholders. There’s never a dull moment in this job, and each day brings a challenge. We offer training and support that will enable you to do your work to the best of your ability.
Who are your colleagues?
The Content Manager is part of the Communications, Internationalisation, Marketing and Alumni team.
This team is responsible for marketing, recruitment and information provisioning to prospective students, communications with scholars, media and other stakeholders, and it maintains relations with alumni.
What we offer:
- A challenging job with great colleagues
- A competitive salary, maximum scale 10 (4274.00)
- A temporary contract for 1 year with an option for extension
- Scope for personal development and an opportunity to contribute your ideas and input
- Holiday pay amounting to 8% of the gross annual salary and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- Excellent fringe benefits
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Jurriaan de Reu, Head of Communications, Internationalisation, Marketing and Alumni, at +31 (0)10 408 8147.
He would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15 July 2019 application deadline. Make sure that your e-mail states ‘Content Manager job application’ in the subject line. Part of the job interview will be conducted in English, and candidates may have to undergo an assessment as part of the selection process.