Why study Bachelor International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies
If you are driven by an academic curiosity about the arts, creative industries or economics; if you want to develop original and well-founded ideas about how to produce, sustain and disseminate culture; and if you are willing to share your knowledge and experience with your fellow international students, then the International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies is the programme for you.
As an IBACS student, you approach art and culture from different angles, such as sociology and economy. This helps you to answer questions such as 'How has the Internet affected the distribution of art?', 'When do we call something 'kitsch'?' or 'How do cultural policies come into being?' Besides building a theoretical foundation, you will also put your broad knowledge about the arts and culture into practice during the compulsory internship.
The IBACS programme is connected to many cultural institutions in and outside of Rotterdam: your future professional network. And did you know that you can also combine IBACS with a programme at the Willem de Kooning Academy or Codarts? The Double Degree RASL is perfect for those who want to simultaneously practice and study the arts.
5 Reasons to choose for IBACS at the EUR
- You are looking for a programme of which the main focus is not the history of arts and culture , but for a programme that focuses on the economy, politics and sociology behind arts and culture.
- With the help of an internship embedded in your study programme you will already experience how it is to work in the arts and culture world.
- Especially in arts and culture it is important to see the bigger picture. This is why the programme applies an international approach. This means that the discussed perspectives on arts and culture are compared with each other on an international level
- Do you have an artistic or musical talent, as well as a hunger for academic knowledge? Combine a bachelor at the EUR with a bachelor at the conservatorium (Codarts) or at Willem de Kooning Academie in the Double Degree RASL.
- Did we already tell you how much fun Rotterdam is? Rotterdam is innovative and diverse: the pop-up initiatives are flourishing like never before. The ideal environment for young culture lovers with big plans!
Why choose for IBACS? Erin will tell you why!
For me, IBACS is freedom, creativity, passion. Here, you never cease to dive into art in all its forms and manifestations. From art throughout the centuries to art in economics, each new course has something to surprise you with, and this is the best part of IBACS.