Admission Premaster Media Studies
Entry requirements English premaster Media Studies
You are eligible for the premaster Media Studies programme (Media, Culture & Society or Media & Business) if you meet the following requirements:
- You hold a Dutch HBO degree with a good overall result, or an equivalent higher vocational qualification from an international institution, in the field of media and communication.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree from a recognized Dutch university programme or an equivalent qualification from an international institution, but you lack prior training in media and communication and/or social scientific research methods.
- You meet the language requirements.
You must have a sufficient level of English proficiency. If your first language is not English or if the language of instruction of your latest previous degree is not English, we ask you to provide evidence of your command of English in the form of:
- 100 in the internet based test,
- 250 in the computer-based test or
- 600 in the paper test.
You are eligible to apply for the pre-Master without completing the English language requirements yet, however every admission offer made to you will be conditional. Please plan your test as soon as possible. We need the results ultimately by 10 August.
Among candidates who meet the above requirements, a further selection is made according to:
- Entry exam (students with an academic bachelor are exempted from the entry exam)
- International background and orientation
- Connection between previous studies and the Media Studies programme