Electives for students from Codarts
Students of Codarts can (occasionally) follow an elective at ESHCC, subject to availability.
- CC1001 History of the Western Arts and Culture (10 EC)
- CC9001 Art, Culture and History (5 EC)
- CC9010 The Art of Filmmaking (5 EC)
- CC9007 The Cultural Economic Perspective (5 EC)
- CC9008 Money and the Fine Arts (5 EC)
- CC9009 Creative Economy and Creative Organizations (5 EC)
- CC2051 Cultural Studies
- CC1016 Introduction to Social Science Methods (5 EC)
- CC1003 Sociology of Arts and Culture (10 EC)
- CC2039 Theory of the Avant-Garde (5 EC)
- CC2050 Consumption and Identity (5 EC)
- CC1006 Introduction to Cultural Policy (5 EC)
- CC3123 Introduction Arts Education (5 EC)
Please check the course content via the online Course catalogue.
How to register?
- Go to the ESHCC faculty website and check out the available courses for non-EUR students Codarts students don’t need to request permission from the exam committee of their study programme for the electives stipulated on the list.
- Go to the Studielink website and sign in. Select the elective course of the ESHCC Faculty by searching for ‘Elective course’ (view image below).
- Once you've completed your enrolment request in Studielink, you'll receive an e-mail through your ERNA account within 24 hours. Please check your spam folder to ensure that you have received the e-mail.
- After receiving this e-mail, go to OSIRIS student via http://sis.eur.nl/student and sign in with your ERNA account.
- Click on 'Case' in OSIRIS, and subsequently hit 'Start a new case'. Select the case 'Requesting elective(s) as a non-EUR student'.
- In the case, you can select the electives that you'd like to take, upload any attachments, and finalise the submission of the request.
- After submitting your case, your request is assessed by the faculty. Please note: you need to go through all the steps for your request to be processed.
- 8. In the meantime, send your Proof of Tuition Fee Payment of your own Study programme to the EUR Student Administration (freepost number 2791, 3300 VB Rotterdam). This will allow you to be exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Upload your passport photo through the link you received in your e-mail.
When you are admitted to the course of your choice, you will receive a confirmation from the Education Office. This will be sent to you after the registration deadline. The Education Office will register you for the course, exam and Canvas.
- Timetable conflicts: make sure you check the timetable for the elective to see if it does not have any overlap with the schedules of your other courses.
- The number of available spots per course is limited; students of Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication will get priority.
- You should determine if you have enough knowledge on the subject to follow the course.
- In case of a re-sit exam, students will need to register themselves through Osiris.
Need more information or advice?
Contact one of our student advisors.