GHRC Current Projects and Academic Interaction
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Current research projects (co-)initiated by GHRC (members), and/or contributing to
Recent Workshops and conferences (co-)organized by GHRC (members) at EUR or elsewhere
- Symposium “Who is afraid of Black Pete?’ (17-11-2015).
- Lecture series ‘The Geopolitics of Masculinity’ (2016 - ) (with the Erasmus Institute for Public Knowledge's Burning Issues).
- Guest lecture dr. Paul Silverstein (Reed College, USA), ‘Indigenous Masculinities in Berber Morocco: Colonial Violence and Postcolonial Recuperations (07-04-2016).
- Workshop ‘Changing Governance in Asia’ (06-06-2016).
- Workshop ‘What constitutes Global History?’ (07-06-2016).
Former projects GHRC members have participated in
- NWO/WOTRO research project ‘South Asians in Diaspora’.
- NWO research project ‘Globalisation and Cultural Heritage’.
- NWO research project ‘Back to the Roots’.
GHRC members form a.o. part of the following networks
- Centre for Indian Studies in Africa (CISA), University of the Witwatersrand (Wits), Johannesburg.
- Indian Ocean History network of the Indian Ocean World Centre in Canada.
- UNESCO Slavery network (Slave Route Project).
- Centre for Global Heritage and Development (Leiden/Delft/Rotterdam).
- Maroon Research Center (Suriname).
- ‘Europe’s Asian Centuries, trading Eurasia’ project (University of Warwick).
- Center for Historical Culture (Rotterdam).