Visa & Residence Permit
Who need a Visa and/or Residence Permit?
If you are a student coming from outside the EU/EEA and you will be studying at Erasmus University for more than 90 days, you will need to apply for an entry Visa and/or Dutch Residence Permit. Check the 'Study in Holland' student visa wizard to find out if you need an entry Visa plus a Residence Permit, or only a Residence Permit. Students studying for less than 90 days, may travel to the Netherlands on a tourist visa.
The application procedures & costs
All non-EU students who have been admitted to one of our programmes, will receive an e-mail from the Immigration Desk from Erasmus University, informing you about the application procedures. The Immigration Desk will apply for your Visa and/or Residence Permit on your behalf, but you will need to submit a number of supporting documents and pay the immigration fees before the Immigration Desk can start the procedure:
- Proof of unconditional admission to a study programme at Erasmus University
- Proof of sufficient financial means (with a minimum of €875 per month)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Students currently studying in another EU-country: copy of their Residence Permit or Visa
- Chinese students only: Nuffic certificate
- The costs for the immigration fees are €317
Students who have received a conditional admission will receive an e-mail with information from the Immigration Desk as soon as they are granted admission to the master programme.
- It is not possible to apply for your Visa and/or Residence Permit yourself at a Dutch Embassy in your country. The only way to obtain a Visa and/or Residence Permit is through Erasmus University.
- You will apply for your Visa and/or Residence Permit before travelling to the Netherlands. For application deadlines see below.
- You should book a flight after you have received the approval of your application of your Visa and/or Residence Permit.
For questions related to immigration procedures you may contact the Immigration Desk at email@example.com.
- Students coming in September (1st semester): 1 June
- Students coming in February (2nd semester): 1 December