Course books and articles
Nearly every course uses so-called 'course books' and 'articles' (both free of charge). Course books are placed on the BlackBoard page of your course, roughly a week before it starts. Articles can also be found on Blackboard (either as an article or as a link).
How to order your mandatory books
Many courses use books that are mandatory for students. Students can purchase these books in 2 ways:
- Order them via the Faculty Association (SHARE); for details see below.
- Buy them yourselves via regular (online) book shops. The mandatory books that are used and that should be purchased, are mentioned per course in the course information in the online study guide.
Book sale via the Faculty Association (SHARE)
SHARE is the Faculty Association of the study ‘Health policy and management’ at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. Every student from this study is able to become a member of SHARE. Faculty Association SHARE is also responsible for the online book sale for students of Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM). To be able to buy books via SHARE, you have to be a member. You will receive up to a 20% discount on books, but only if you order your books during the SHARE book sale weeks. If you don’t order your books in the SHARE book sale weeks, you can still order books but the amount of discount will decrease. The sale weeks will be announced via Sin-Online and the SHARE-webpage. During the checkout of your books it is required to purchase your annual SHARE membership for only €15,00. This amount is compensated by the discount on your books. With your SHARE membership you can also join in the activities organised by SHARE throughout the year.
Manual for ordering study books via SHARE
Questions about the book sale? Contact SHARE at email@example.com
Take note: books ordered through SHARE can only be sent to Dutch addresses!
- For the first 2 blocks, the book sale will start at 1 August.
- Go to www.share-fa.com
- Go to My SHARE
- Log in
- Click bookshop
- 'Select book list' and choose your study programme
- Click View Booklist
- Select the books you want to order
- Click on 'Continue' and check the order
- Enter all details and select the shipping method (PostNL)
- Choose a payment method (iDeal, MasterCard, VISA)
- To complete the order click on: 'Place order', you will receive an order confirmation within 24 hours.
Order only the books you need for your courses. Some courses may re-use certain study books.
For more information about the SHARE Webshop and Booksale follow our SIN-Online channel. Check out our website www.share-fa.com !
- Questions? Read the Help-page. Still got any questions? Mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Association SHARE
SHARE also organises study-related activities such as various excursions, the Health Business Week and a study. In addition it offers its members opportunities to relax, by organising non-study-related activities. Just as you sign up you for your online courses in SIN-Online, we also advise you to do so for the SHARE channel. This will keep you informed about the book sales, activities and other matters concerning SHARE.
In order to register for the SHARE channel you need to log in via SIN-online. Then click on the bar "subscribe". Select “SHARE” and save your changes. From that moment you will see all messages sent by the SHARE on "My Page" and you will receive important messages in your mailbox.
For questions about the faculty association SHARE you can find us at J7-05 (J-building). We will be happy to answer your questions while we serve you a cup of coffee or tea. Additionally, you can always e-mail general questions about the Faculty Association SHARE to email@example.com.