Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship
The Erasmus Trustfonds was founded to support research and education projects at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). The fund aims to contribute to the growth and flourishing of Erasmus University. The Erasmus Trustfonds provides scholarships for excellent students in financial distress. The Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM) may grant one student with a scholarship for the academic year 2018-2019.
Please find all relevant information below.
Scholarship / Grant amount:
12 x monthly contribution of € 1.100,-
One-time personal compensation € 729,-
Compensation costs Immigration Service (IND) if applicable € 321,-
The scholarship will be granted for one academic year. If you do a 1-year master programme and are unable to graduate in one year, you will have to cover the costs for the remaining period of your study yourself.
- You need to be accepted and enrolled for one of the master programmes of ESHPM, starting in the academic year 2018-2019;
- You will start the master programme in the academic year following the application for the scholarship (2018-2019);
- You will study in the Netherlands during the entire academic year 2018-2019.
- You are able to demonstrate excellence (an average final result of at least 8.0 CGPA or equivalent on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10) in your prior education, the bachelor’s or master’s degree that enables you to be accepted to the master programme;
- You are motivated to graduate and excel within the duration of the programme, which must be demonstrated by a personal letter of motivation to the ESHPM grant committee. The letter of motivation must describe the importance of the grant for you;
- You have to pay the statutory tuition fee of €2060,-. For Non-EU students, a fee waiver is applicable to cover the difference between the institutional (€11600,-) and statutory tuition fee;
- You are unable to finance your study yourself.
Level of study: Master
Deadline: 1 April 2018
Application procedure: The application consists of a motivation letter (one page maximum) where the candidate answers two questions:
- Why do you need the Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate? Include a description of academic excellence and, if applicable, other merits.
The application for the scholarship must:
- be submitted before April 1, 2018
- be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, the email subject containing
- the word combination "Erasmus Trustfonds Scholarship";
- name of the degree programme you are applying for;
- your application must consist of:
- a copy of your obtained Bachelor or Master diploma or declaration of graduation if you have not yet completed your bachelor studies;
- transcript of Records, preferably stating the CGPA;
- bank statement with your name of the month of January 2018;
- statement of financial need where you explain your income and expected expenses and why you need the grant;
- your personal motivation letter.
Students will be notified of the decision by the International Office of the Erasmus University before June 1st, 2018.
-grant applications will only be considered if the student has also submitted a complete application for the master programme before the deadline;
-the scholarship is only for one academic year.