Individual grants for excellent non-EEA students
This financial support in the form of an individual grant comprises a reduction of the tuition fee for the academic year 2018-2019 (€ 11.600) to the basic rate of the statutory tuition fee (€ 2.060).
Students who are eligible for the individual grant for excellent non-EEA students must submit their application for the master programme and their grant application before 1 April, 2018. The ESHPM grant committee will assess all applications and inform candidates about the result of their application before June 1st, 2018.
For students to be eligible for this individual grant, they must:
- be accepted and enrolled for either the master Health Care Management or the master Health Economics, Policy & Law in the academic year 2018-2019 as of 1 September 2018 at the latest; and
- reside in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or the following states of the Federal Republic of Germany: North Rhine-Westphalia, Lower Saxony or Bremen as of 1 September, 2018 at the latest; and
- be a national of a non-EEA country; and
- have a bachelor degree with excellent results at university-level (students holding a degree from a university of applied sciences are not eligible for the grant) and in a relevant field;
- be able to demonstrate excellence (an average final result of at least 8.0 or equivalent) in the student’s prior education (the bachelor degree that enables the student to be accepted for the master programme Health Care Management or Health Economics, Policy & Law); and
- be motivated to graduate within one academic year and with excellent results, which must be demonstrated by a personal letter of motivation to the ESHPM grant committee. The letter of motivation must describe the importance of the grant for the student and for his/her country of residence as well as the importance for ESHPM.
The following countries are considered to be part of the European Economic Area (EEA): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. All other countries are considered to be ‘non-EAA countries’.
- Students must submit their grant application before 1 April, 2018;
- Students must submit their application for the master Health Care Management or the master Health Economics, Policy & Law by no later than 1 April, 2018;
- Please note that grant applications will only be considered if the student has also submitted an application for the master Health Care Management or the master Health Economics, Policy & Law before the deadline;
- Please fill in the online registration form completely;
- The registration form shall be complete only if accompanied by:
- a thesis written during the student’s prior education (if the thesis is not finished yet or is not in English an English abstract of 3 A4 pages will have to be attached);
- a personal letter of motivation;
- a different letter of recommendation than the one used to apply for the master programme;
- Students will be notified of the ESHPM grant committee’s decision by no later than 1 July, 2018