Who needs a Dutch student residence permit (VVR-procedure)?
What is a Dutch student residence permit?
- It is an official Dutch government document that allows you to (temporarily) reside in the Netherlands legally during your studies;
- It is always issued for a specific purpose of stay, in your case: study;
- As long as your Dutch residence permit is valid you are free to travel from, and return to, the Netherlands. You can also make short trips to other Schengen countries.
- You are unconditionally accepted to a programme at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), unless the condition is graduation from your current studies before your EUR programme starts;
- Before we start the immigration application, you are able to provide documented proof that you have sufficient financial means to cover:
- You provide translations by a certified translator (e.g. notary) for all documents that are not in Dutch, English, French or German;
- You agree to tuberculosis testing if required, and if needed treatment, upon arrival in the Netherlands;
- You do not have a criminal record. Click here to sign the Antecedents certificate.
- Chinese students: you have obtained a Nuffic certificate.
We will send you more specific information about the immigration process once you have been officially admitted to one of our study programmes. The procedure will be as follows:
- The residence permit application process must be started before you enter the Netherlands, in order to complete your registration at Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR);
- EUR is your official sponsor and will arrange the application for your residence permit;
- You must provide us with all the required information and documentation and pay the immigration fees on time, before we can start the process. We will send you an official invoice and payment instructions once you have been officially admitted to one of our programmes, but in the meantime you can read more about the payment procedure here. Make sure to double-check the payment details before transferring any amount of money!
Account holder Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam Account number (IBAN number) NL74ABNA0448454963 Account number (BIC code) ABNANL2A Bank address ABN AMRO bank, Gustav Mahlerlaan 10, Amsterdam Payment reference
Read more on the conditions for a Dutch student residence permit.