Students that wish to graduate, or students that wish to end their enrolment prematurely, must terminate their enrolment in a programme at EUR. This termination does not occur automatically and must be done manually. This page gives an overview of the steps you must undertake to fulfil your unenrolment, as well as directing you to more information.
Why should I unenrol?
Staying enrolled for an unnecessarily long time can cause a number of problems:
- you have to repay your student public transport chip card;
- you have to keep paying tuition fees even though you have already finished you studies;
- you have to repay student grants, and;
- you will run up a study delay even though this is in fact not the case.
To terminate your enrolment and to avoid the problems stated above you should complete the two steps outlined below. Doing this can even be done on a smartphone and can be completed within just a few minutes. As you can see, unenrolment takes place via Studielink and the Education Executive Agency (DUO, Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs). Once you've completed the two steps EUR is informed of your unenrolment automatically.
- Click here to terminate your enrolment in Studielink.
Log in and go to “My Programmes”. Click the cross next to the enrolment that you wish to remove. The “Request to terminate enrolment” form will then appear. Fill it in and click “Confirm”.
- Click here to terminate your enrolment in DUO.
- If you wish to know more about unenrolment at EUR, visit the webpage 'Unenrolment'.
- 'Unenrolment' is just one of three steps that must be completed in the graduation process. If you'd like to read more about the complete graduation process, please click here.
- Click here for more information about reclaiming tuition fees.