Erasmus Migration & Diversity Institute (EMDI)
Migration and migration-related issues raise theoretical questions across disciplines. Scholars from various departments of the Erasmus University Rotterdam have decided to work together in order to address cross-disciplinary questions raised by migration and diversity. They launch the Erasmus Migration and Diversity Institute (EMDI), which has the main objective to deepen cross-disciplinary collaboration in research on migration and diversity and to position EUR in the rapidly developing international field of migration research.
EMDI was developed by scholars from various departments, including:
- Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB)
- Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC)
- International Institute of Social Studies (ISS)
- Erasmus MC (EMC)
- Erasmus School of Law (ESL)
- Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management
The coordination of the institute will be in the hands of a group of scholars from these faculties, including Prof Kristin Henrard (ESL), Prof Susanne Janssen (ESHCC), Dr. Kasia Grabska (ISS), Dr. Cathy Wilcock (ISS) and Prof.Peter Scholten (ESSB).