The research programme offers scholars the opportunity to visit our group for a short research stay. We offer an exciting environment for multidisciplinary legal research and enjoy the exchange of thoughts and ideas with academics having research interests similar to our own. The programme for Visiting Fellows is open to all academic staff – professors, PhD candidates, postdocs, research fellows, and so on – from any country. Obviously, the fellow’s research interests and activities during the visit should be relevant for the BACT research programme. The fellow commits to presenting his/her research at one of the BACT seminars and to participating in our academic gatherings.
*Note that BACT is not in the position to fund your accommodation in Rotterdam, but we will help you with arranging your accommodation. We advise you to make your own arrangements for travel, health, and liability insurance.
- Israel Gilead
(Bora Laskin Professor of Law, Faculty of Law, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Tessa Haesevoets
(Ghent University, Belgium). Haesevoets is a PhD researcher at Ghent University and examines the impact of financial and relational restitutions on the restoration of trust after offences.
- Israel Gilead
- Fatih Deyneli (Pamukkale University, Turkey). July 2015
- Raja Angara† (Professor at the School of Economics at the University of Hyderabad) Raya gave a lecture in the EMLE program and a guest lecture in the BACT program. (3 March - 3 May 2015).
- Yun-Chien Chang (Associate Research Professor at Academia Sinica, Taiwan). (31 May - 6 June 2015).
- Jiye Hu (China University of Political Science and Law, China). Professor of Law and Finance. (October 27-31, 2014)
- Chiara Sotis (Guido Carli University, Rome), is studying Business and Economics and will be joining RILE. (September 2014)
- Adam Badawi (Washington University, United States).Adam Badawi stayed at the RILE as ESL Distinguished International Visitor in view of the research programme Behavioural Approaches to Contract and Tort. (Maart - April 2014)
- Claire Hill, (University of Minnesota, Faculty of Law, USA) (February 2014 - March 2014)
- Dr Qi (George) ZhouOpens external visited ESL from August–December 2013 (ESL Distinguished International Visitor). George Zhou is a Associate Professor of Law at the School of Law, University of Leeds. He studied law at the Chinese University of Political Science and Law, the University of Bournemouth, and the University of Manchester. His research interests include law and economics of commercial contract law. (August - December 2013)
- Prof. Ejan Mackaay (Université de Montreal, Canada). (October 2013)
- Prof. Franziska Weber (Hamburg University, Institute of Law and Economics). Junior Professor for Civil Law and Law & Economics. (October 2013)
- Dr Vikas Kumar (Azim Premji University in Bangalore). Erasmus Mundus Visiting Scholar. (September 2013)
- Prof. Jason Scott Johnston (University of Pennsylvania, United States). Expert on law and economics. (June 2013)
- Kai Purnhagen (Wageningen University). His main research focus is on European Integration, Risk Law and Regulation, European and International Economic Law, Insurance Law, and Legal Theory. Kai Purnhagen is visiting as an ESL Distinguished International Visitor. (2013)
- Jing Zhang (University of Beijing, China). (September 2012 - December 2013)
- Gaia Massari (Guido Carli University, Rome) stayed at the RILE. She is a PhD student of corporate and tributary law with Prof. Concetta Brescia-Morra at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome. During her stay in Rotterdam, she continued her studies on Post-MiFID Investors Protection: A European Overview. (October 2012- December 2012)
- Dr Qi (George) ZhouOpens external (University of Leeds). ESL Distinguished International Visitor George Zhou is a Associate Professor of Law at the School of Law. He studied law at the Chinese University of Political Science and Law, the University of Bournemouth, and the University of Manchester. His research interests include law and economics of commercial contract law. (September - December 2012)
- Thushyanthan Baskaran stayed at the RILE as a visiting researcher. He is an assistant professor at the Department of Economics of the University of Göttingen, Germany. He holds a M.Sc. in Economics of the Free University of Berlin, a Doctorate in Economics from the University of Heidelberg and was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Gothenburg. His research interests are public economics, public finance, development economics, and political economics. (October 8–19, 2012)
- Ass. prof. Nadezhda Butakova (Civil and Labour Law Department, North-West Academy of Public Administration, Saint Petersburg, Russia) (June 2012)
Xiaoqi Zhao (Erasmus China Law Center- China University of Political Science and Law) (November 2011–May 2012)
- Prof. Magdalena Flatscher-Thöni (The Health and Life Sciences University). Assistant professor in the Department of Public Health and Health Technology Assessment at UMIT. Visitor of RILE (October 2011–February 2012)
- Dr Andri Wibisana (Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia). Post-doctoral researcher and lecturer on environmental law. Joined RILE as a visiting researcher. (October 2011–January 2012)
- Dr Maria Pastore (University of Bari). Maria holds a PhD in Private Law and New Technologies from the University of Bari. With a post-doctoral research fellowship from the University of Bari, she continued her study on the "mobile" boundaries of intellectual property rights, competition, and law of remedies during her stay in Rotterdam. (June- December 2011)
- Prof. Assaf Hamdani (Hebrew University of Jerusalem). Visiting scholar at RILE, his fields of interest concern Corporate Governance, Securities Regulation, and White Collar Crime. (April 2011)
- Dr Florian Baumann (University of Tuebingen). Joined RILE as visiting researcher, his main research areas are labour economics and law and economics. (March-May 2011)
- Dr Mitja KovačOpens external (Economics University of Ljubljana). Visiting scholar at RILE, publishes extensively in the fields of comparative contract law and economics, consumer protection, contract theory, and competition law and economics. (March 2011)
- Prof. Guandong Xu (China University of Political Science and Law). Visiting scholar at RILE, his research focus includes property rights, the transition of China's legal system, and the relationship between market economy and the rule of law. (January - March 2011)
- Jef De Mot (Ghent University). Visiting scholar at RILE, his fields of expertise involve mathematical methods, law and economics, liability law, and procedural law. (February 2011)
- Dr Frank Fagan (Affiliated Researcher). (2011)
- Dr R.J.J. Eshuis, researcher at WODC. Expert in the empirical legal study of civil procedure.(2010)
- Dr P. Mascini, researcher at the EUR faculty of Social Sciences. Researcher in the field of sociology of policymaking.
- Dr N. Jungmann, lector at Hogeschool Utrecht. Researcher in the field of consumer debt resolution. (2010)
- Prof. Geraint Howells, Professor of Commercial Law at the University of Manchester (Erasmus School of Law Visiting Professor 2010.
- Matthias Vandenbogaerde, PhD student Leuven University (Rotterdam Institute of Private Law Visiting Scholar 2009)
- Eva Kocher, (European University Viadrina, Frankfurt, Germany). Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor. (2009)
- Prof. David Milman (Lancaster University, England). Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor. (2009)
- Prof. Richard A. Nagareda (School of Law Vanderbilt U. Nashville, Tennessee, United States). Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor. (2009)
- Astrid Stadler, (University of Konstanz, Germany). Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor. (2009)
- Jenny Steele (University of York, England). Erasmus School of Law Distinguished International Visitor. (2009)