Apply for Research Master Philosophy and Economics
The process operates on a rolling system. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application about six to eight weeks after they have received confirmation that their complete application has been received.
Applicants are advised to apply as early as possible. The application process closes when the places are filled up, but applications will not be considered after June 30, for entry in the same year.
In order for applications to be eligible for funding, deadlines may apply. If you need to obtain a visa and/or housing through the university, you need to apply before June 1st. For more information, please visit the website of the International Office. Applicants are obliged to ensure that their applications are received well in advance of any such deadlines.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process.
Making an application
If you want to apply for this programme, please notify Ms. Marloes Westerveld via email@example.com before making an application. Deadline for application is June 30 if you do not need to apply for a visa. June 1st if you do need to apply for a visa. During the application process you will need the following documents:
- A Bachelor/Master in Economics, or Philosophy, Philosophy and Economics, PPE or related programmes.
- A grade for the bachelor thesis equivalent to at least an 8.0 in the Dutch grading system.
- An average grade in the bachelor equivalent to at least 8 in the Dutch grading system.
- Proficiency in English:
- The main language of your previous education was English, or
- You are a native speaker, or
- You can prove your proficiency in English in a writing sample.
- A detailed letter of intent that:
- demonstrates your interest in philosophy of economics;
- details your background in philosophy and economics;
- describes why you deem yourself equipped to follow the Research Master in Philosophy and Economics.
- A writing sample of around 10-15 pages. (At least 8 pages, maximum 25 pages, excluding bibliography and appendices. This can be an essay in philosophy, economics, or a closely related subject.)
- Two letters of reference.
Do you think you meet the requirements? Start your application in Studielink.
The programme you need to register for in Studielink is called "Philosophy (research)".
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Erasmus School of Philosophy
Ms. M. Westerveld
3000 DR Rotterdam