Tutors for the undergraduate programmes
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Erasmus School of Philosophy is looking for:
Tutors for the undergraduate programmes.
As a tutor at Erasmus School of Philosophy you will be teaching tutorials for the Double Degree, Part-time and Full-time programmes of philosophy. Your precise tasks will be defined in coordination with the lecturer of the specific course, but they range from: teaching close-reading, leading class discussions, taking in-depth questions on specific texts, etc. The position is on an on-call basis, which means that you are part of a pool of tutors who can be selected by the lecturers during the year.
- Grasping, understanding and being able to explain complex philosophical problems and texts;
- Coordination with the lecturer on the content and format of the tutorial;
- Leading and teaching tutorials ranging from 10-30 students;
- Assisting the lecturer with the assessment of students.
A tutorship at Erasmus School of Philosophy is an interesting experience in both gaining a further understanding of the material treated in the bachelor programmes and teaching this material to small classes of students. This could be the first step in a wonderful academic career, however we do not offer a set trajectory after a tutorship position, there is not a Ph.D. position tied to this job.
- A (Double Degree) bachelor or master in Philosophy
- A good command of English
- Being able to ‘own the room’
- Previous experience with leading tutorials (preferred)
If you are interested in the position of tutor for Erasmus School of Philosophy, please send an email to: email@example.com and mention “Tutor 2018-2019” in the subject line before June 8th 2018, including a short motivation for applying, an indication of your command of English and your CV.