Checklist: before departure
Current facets (Pre-Master)
- Make a financial plan;
- Ensure you have sufficient funds to support yourself;
- Apply for grants and/or scholarships;
- Ensure you have enough cash (in euros) to cover your expenses for the first couple of days in the Netherlands.
- Accept your offer (if applicable);
- Register for your study programme;
- Register in StudieLink (if applicable);
- Pay your tuition fee (if applicable);
- Make sure your passport is valid for the time that you’ll be staying in the Netherlands and check with the authorities in your home country how many months your passport still needs to be valid for when you return there;
- Prepare the necessary documents for your visa and/or residence permit (if applicable), and if you need a visa, obtain it before you travel;
- Prepare the necessary documents for your registration at city hall (if applicable);
- Arrange your healthcare (and other) insurance;
- Decide how and when to get to Rotterdam (book tickets (if applicable));
- Arrange accommodation in Rotterdam, at least for your first few nights.