Excellence Scholarship for non EEA students
Current facets (Pre-Master)
Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences (ESSB) offers partial tuition waivers to excellent non-EEA (EEA consists of the EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) students of the English-taught master programmes of ESSB.
- You are a national of a non-EEA country (not holding an extra EEA nationality) and hence you have to pay the institute tuition fee;
- You are or will be accepted for one of the master programmes of ESSB;
- You will start the master programme on the first of September following the application for a tuition waiver;
- You are considered an excellent applicant, as apparent from your motivation and grade point average at the moment of application (demonstrated through your academic record for the bachelor studies). The rule of the thumb is that the average grade should be the equivalent to the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale of 1 to 10.
Amount of waiver
The exact amount of the partial tuition waiver is 50% of the difference between the institute tuition fee for non-EEA master students of ESSB and the statutory tuition fee (for an explanation of terms and indication of approximate amounts please visit this page). This amount will be deducted from the tuition fee, without direct transfer to the student.
The waiver will be granted for one academic year. If the student fails to graduate in one year, the standard rate for non-EEA master students will apply for the remaining period of study.
The application consists of a motivation letter (one page maximum) where the candidate answers two questions:
- Why do you need the tuition waiver?
- Why should you be considered an excellent candidate?
The answer to the latter question can, but does not have to, include grades.
The application for a tuition waiver must:
- be submitted before April 30 and after your application for a degree programme of ESSB has been deemed complete and taken into assessment;
- be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, the email subject (and the motivation letter) containing
- the word combination "tuition waiver";
- student number;
- name of degree programme you are applying for;
- In the application letter please add the following information as a header. Your application will not be considered if this information is not filled out:
- First name (as in passport)
- Last name
- Student number
- Email address
- Country of current residence
- Programme at EUR you have been admitted to
- Your grade point average/ average grade during studies. Please point out what the maximum number of point in the grade scale is.
- Country of former education
- Educational institution(-s) you hold/ are going to obtain degree(-s) from
- Are you applying for Holland Scholarship?
- Are you applying for a tuition waiver?
- If the above two questions have been answered positively, which one you have a preference for?
Please be aware that a tuition waiver can only be granted after being admitted to the master's programme.*
All applicants will be informed about the decision before June 1. Instruction on further steps accepting the tuition waiver will follow.
In case of questions please email email@example.com
*In case you have not yet finished your bachelor studies, you may get a conditional offer. This suffices to be eligible for a tuition waiver.