After offer of admission: Master in International Public Management and Policy
In order to plan the beginning of your studies it might be useful for you to know more about the planning, as well as the content of the programme.
Don’t forget to join our IMP Facebook group for newly admitted students and current students! You can already connect with your future fellow students and ask questions to graduates.
There is room for an elective in your curriculum. During the academic year you will receive more information about the registration.
In case of questions regarding electives you are welcome to use this contact form.
In your prior education some topics might not have received the attention you might have hoped for considering the choice for the master program of International Public Management and Public Policy. In this respect you might feel the need to catch up before you start the program. Below you will find a list of suggested readings that provide an introduction to the major themes that we will discuss during the master programme and that might help you in preparation for it:
On the European Union:
- Lelieveldt and Princen (2015) The Politics of the European Union, (2nd edition) Cambridge UP
On international organizations/global governance:
- Dunne, Kurki & Smith (2013). International Relations Theories (3rd edition), Oxford UP
- Rittberger, Zangl, and Kruck (2012). International Organization (2nd edition), Palgrave
On comparative public policy:
- Howlett and Ramesh (2009). Studying Public Policy (3d edition), Oxford UP
On international public management:
- Peters, B.G. (2008). The Politics of Bureaucracy (6th edition), London: Routledge.
- Pollitt, C. & Bouckaert, G. (2011). Public Management Reform: A Comparative Analysis - New Public Management, Governance, and the Neo-Weberian State, Oxford, Oxford University Press
On social science research design and methods:
- Berg and Lune (2012). Qualitative Research Methods for the Social Sciences (8th edition), Pearson Education.
- Kellstedt and Whitten (2013). The Fundamentals of Political Science Research (2nd edition), Cambridge UP
- Sandra van Thiel (2014). Research Methods in Public Administration and Public Management: An Introduction (1st edition), Routledge.