Make a contribution to changes in society, towards a sustainable development.
This Off-Campus PhD programme is about doing meaningful scientific, research to understand the complex challenges for sustainable development and how to pave the way, to accelerate the transition towards an equitable and post-fossil fuel economy.
Why study this programme?
- You can study this programme while staying in your home country
- You will attend the annual PhD Programme Intensive held in Rotterdam - The Netherlands. During this two-week intensive you attend courses, present the progress of your research and receive feedback from supervisors, professors and fellow PhD candidates.
- You will learn from the best, as the Department of Public Administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam is ranked number one in the Shanghai Subject Ranking 2017 and 2018 for Public Administration Rotterdam.
- You meet and work with international fellow candidates with different (academic) backgrounds and future careers all over the world.
- This Off Campus PhD programme started in 1995 and has delivered a total of 31 alumni from 17 different countries.
For whom is this PhD programme?
- Individuals eager to accelerate the transition to equitable and post-fossil fuel economies, through a PhD research in their home country.
- Mid-career professionals in the public and private sector, with a passion for sustainable development.
The alumni of the programme mostly continue their lives, for example, as a sustainable entrepreneur, consultant or policy-maker. Some make a career development in academics and become a university professor. Your perspectives might fit into the following key concepts and long-term sustainability challenges:
Envisioning the future
Key concepts shaping what we do
|Preventive solutions||Sustainable Development and Systematic Thinking|
|Embedding industrial ecology in societies||Industrial Ecology, Circular Economy and Industrial Metabolism|
|Closing loops in energy and materials||Transitions towards sustainability|
|Mitigation and adaptation to climate change||Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Understanding human corporate behaviours||Sustainable Supply Chain Management|