EUR Alumni Code of Conduct for Online Communities
LinkedIn, Instagram, Whatsapp and oher social media groups for alumni are official channels of the Erasmus University Rotterdam alumni network, including these for a particular geographical location, affinity or programme. They are run by staff or alumni volunteers in corporation with the Alumni Relations team, with membership available on an invite-only basis.
The following code of conduct applies to all these groups.
Please help us to support an inclusive, positive and supportive network which is non-partisan, non-political, non-commercial. We do not tolerate ANY discrimination, harassment or bullying.
In these groups, you are welcome to:
- Introduce yourself and seek networking opportunities.
- Discuss topics that interest you – but please be reasonable.
- Share professional opportunities suitable for EUR graduates.
- Organise and promote formal and in-formal meetings, or other events relevant for EUR graduates.
- Post photos of meetups.
- Handle all the data/information shared here with care.
In this group, please refrain from:
- Political advocacy
- Commercial advertising (unless there is a prior agreement with the EUR Alumni Relations team allowing it)
- Spamming or repetitive posts
- ANY discrimination, harassment or bullying
The EUR Alumni Relations team reserves the right to remove, exclude and/or ban anyone who violates this policy. You may also be banned from participating in future EUR events or activities.
For the social media guidelines for university staff, please follow this link.