At Science Open, you can meet Rotterdam-based scientists and artists. Visit our campus for an afternoon filled with science and art.
At Science Open, you will meet scientific researchers and artists at Campus Woudestein of Erasmus University Rotterdam. They will show you how the city keeps inspiring them. And they will ask you to think along about their research questions:
- How is it that children in some neighborhoods have more holes in their teeth?
- Did you know that some buildings are built so that they can minimize the effects of disasters?
- Can older people live in the city, even if their health is getting less?
- What are the effects on health of changes in urban policy?
- How creative is Rotterdam in comparison with other cities?
- Can undocumented refugees return to their country of origin in a sustainable way?
- How do dating apps match perfectly with your romantic feelings?
- What can happen if a lethally poisonous snake escapes from the neighbors’ house?
- How much privacy are we willing to give up for our safety?
- Can a smart city also be sustainable?
- Can forensic researchers use DNA to determine the appearance of someone?
- And, where has the skull of Erasmus gone?
Come create knowledge together and enjoy an instructive day full of science and art. Participate in interactive presentations or follow a tour along the artworks on campus.
Entrance is free. Keep an eye on this page, as the full programme will be published here by the end of August. Reservations can be made from that moment and ensuring your spot is highly recommended.