Talking Heads: Witte de Withstraat
- Studium Generale
- Start date
Thursday, 22 Feb 2018, 14:00
- End date
Thursday, 22 Feb 2018, 17:00
- Witte de Withstraat 50 (Tent/Witte de With)
Visit the art institutes of the Witte de Withstraat and ask all your questions to the directors!
In this edition of ‘Talking Heads’ we’ll meet the directors of the Art Institutes of the Witte de Withstraat, the Art Quarter and cultural hotspot of Rotterdam. We take you on a tour along the art venues at the Witte de Withstraat, to show you the versatility of contemporary art: from fine art to music, from photography to film and much more. You can ask all your questions to the directors of these institutes. We end the tour with a drink where we have a talk with all these ‘talking heads’.
In recent years the Art Quarter has developed into a cultural hotspot with an especially contemporary atmosphere. It is one of Rotterdam’s most young, offbeat and progressive neighbourhoods.
The institutes are united in Kunstblock Rotterdam (Arts Block Rotterdam) in order to make better use of the potential of the Witte de With street as a melting pot of many cultures and interests.
- Center for Visual Arts: CBK Rotterdam,
- Art Gallery / Showroom: MAMA,
- Art Gallery: TENT Rotterdam,
- Institute for Media: V2_ Lab voor de Instabiele Media,
- Center for Contemporary Art: Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art
- Institute for Avantgard Recreation: WORM, Instituut voor Avantgardistische Recreatie