Free movers
Add an international dimension to your degree

Free movers

Students from international universities can enroll at the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC) for a specific period as free mover. Enrollment always takes place via the faculty. 

  • To be accepted as an incoming exchange student, you need to check whether your home university holds an exchange contract with Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication (the exchange coordinator of your home university can provide you of this information). When applying to the exchange programme, please make sure you have the following necessary documents ready in time:

    • A copy of your valid passport.
    • An academic transcript (in English).
    • Copy of your BA diploma (only if you are currently a MA student).
    • A proposed study curriculum (an indication of the courses you would like to follow at ESHCC, see our course overview - this can just be a Word/PDF/Excel document, indicating your preferred courses)
    • Proof of your English proficiency* level of at least:
      • B2 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
      • 92 Academic TOEFL;
      • 7.0 Academic IELTS.

    * If your study programme is taught in English a statement from your home university is sufficient proof, which needs to be submitted with the application.

    You are exempted from providing an English proficiency statement:

    • If you are a native English speaker and you have obtained your diploma in one of the following countries: Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the United States of America.
    • When we have made special arrangements with your university. Please ask the International Office of your home university. 

    More information about the admission requirements.

  • Information on the tuition 2018-2019 is available here.

    Tuition fees only need to be paid over the months you are registered. Whole months and the fraction 1/12 are used when calculating tuition fees. The full amount for one academic year mentioned on the website is divided by 12. The result is multiplied by the number of months the student is registered in the academic year.

    For example, if you are student from a non-EEA country wanting to enrol in a 3-month bachelor course at the History, Culture and Communication (ESHCC), then you will have to pay the ESHCC bachelor non-EEA institute tuition fee (€ 6.900) x the number of months out of 12 months (3/12) = € 1.725.

Registrate as a free mover through the webform below. 

Please read the requirements carefully before filling in the form.

Please complete all of these questions for each course applied for:

b. (Exact) period of the course:

Enter a date in the format: 2018-11-14
Enter a date in the format: 2018-11-14
Not applicable to native speakers
(tests are valid for a maximum of two years)

Please read our privacy statement: