Erasmus School of Economics
- Procedure for completion Master's studies
- Date of graduation Erasmus School of Economics
- Graduation day Erasmus School of Economics
After your coach and co-reader has approved your Master’s thesis via the Thesis Workflow, an email will be sent to your student email address from the Thesis Workflow. Afterwards log in to OSIRIS student go to 'Cases' tab and click through to the 'May Cases' section, click on 'Start Case' and select the application form. Before you complete the registration form, contact your coaches to agree a date for your thesis defence. After having consulted your coaches, complete the registration form for the Master’s examinations. You may stipulate a preference for your defence; either in the morning between 08.30 and 11.30, or in the afternoon between 12.30 and 15.30. As far as possible, we will try to take account of your wishes. Please also bear in mind that when a day is fully booked, your defence may be scheduled on another day. Your thesis defence will last approximately one hour. You will receive the invitation about 10 working days before your defence on your student email account.
Date of graduation
Deadline for applying the Master exam
|23 May 2018||26 April 2018|
|24 May 2018||26 April 2018|
|14 June 2018||17 May 2018|
|20 June 2018||24 May 2018|
|26 June 2018||31 May 2018|
|28 June 2018||31 May 2018|
|17 July 2018||21 June 2018|
|18 July 2018||21 June 2018|
|19 July 2018||21 June 2018|
|01 August 2018||04 July 2018|
|02 August 2018||05 July 2018|
|07 August 2018||10 July 2018|
|09 August 2018||12 July 2018|
|13 August 2018||16 July 2018|
|15 August 2018||18 July 2018|
|21 August 2018||24 July 2018|
|22 August 2018||25 July 2018|
|23 August 2018||26 July 2018|
|28 August 2018||31 July 2018|
|29 August 2018||01 August 2018|
|31 August 2018||03 August 2018|
|06 September 2018||09 August 2018|
|10 September 2018||13 August 2018|
|12 September 2018||15 August 2018|
|18 September 2018||21 August 2018|
|20 September 2018||23 August 2018|
|24 September 2018||27 August 2018|
|26 September 2018||29 August 2018|
|27 September 2018||30 August 2018|
To ensure everything goes smoothly on your graduation day and during the graduation ceremony (during which you receive diploma), we have compiled a check list. This protocol applies to students taking Master’s examinations.
- The graduation ceremony will be held in the examination rooms in the Eramus building (A).
- On your graduation day, you should report to room AB-11 a quarter of an hour before the start of the examination session.
- If the session is open to the public, your guests may attend.
- For the first fifteen minutes of the session (approximately), you will have the opportunity to explain your research, methodology and conclusions, as formulated in your thesis; after which the thesis committee will put questions to you.
- Subsequently, the committee will leave the examination room, to discuss your final mark, and you and your guests will remain there to await their return.
- Once a decision has been made about your final mark, you and your guests will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony.
- At the ceremony, the committee will hand you your diploma, corresponding list of marks and supplement.
- Afterwards, there will be an opportunity for people to offer you their congratulations in the hall.
There are various restaurants in the university complex where you can continue your celebrations. However, it is advisable to enquire about these possibilities in advance and to make a reservation in good time. To consider the various possibilities, please refer to http://www.erasmuspaviljoen.nl/
On behalf of the Study Progress and Diploma Administration Team, we would like to wish you an enjoyable and memorable day!